Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

I think the P/E of NYSE vs FTSE pertains more to the constituent stocks?

Far more tech in US, all banks and builders here. Traditional income stocks trade on lower multiples, as they’ve don’t tend to grow rapidly.

Oh yes, they deserve to be more highly rated than the boring old FTSE companies but I just have a feeling the Magnificent Seven ( Amazon, Alphabet, Nvidia, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple, Meta ) have just gotten ahead of themselves. Tesla especially I wouldn’t want to own.

It is highly illogical. It would be better to take the cash and put it into my 4% Lloyds account - even if I have to pay tax on any additional interest. But best sense would to reinvest and sell if I want some cash. But somehow that wouldn’t feel so guilt free.

Why not just let the dividends ride and anytime there seems to be a bit of pessimism about or if there has been a significant fall in markets stick them in one of the trackers of your choice. Gives you something to do.

Oh yes, they deserve to be more highly rated than the boring old FTSE companies but I just have a feeling the Magnificent Seven ( Amazon, Alphabet, Nvidia, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple, Meta ) have just gotten ahead of themselves. Tesla especially I wouldn’t want to own.
I work in Data Centres. All those shove in that space are still spending on expansion like tomorrow will never come. As long as we all keep downloading videos of cats I think they will be grand medium term

If its still true that a large portion of their profits is from selling carbon credits I would be worried too.

I read today BYD has overtaken them as the biggest EV manufacturer. I think Tesla is a bit of a sitting duck for the Chinese.

Starmer’s bunch of morons will soon have every square mile of green space built on.

Scaremonger.

But it is very likely that the green belt won’t be as sacred as it once was. But much of the green belt (around London anyway) is unprofitable field and pasture, closed to the public. That or golf corses.

Below is a link to a green belt area just outside Orpington, within the M25. A bus would take just 10m to the station with regular (10m interval) services to either Charing Cross or Victoria Station.

If we want to solve the housing shortage, houses are going to have to be built somewhere where people will want to live. It is no good just saying, “we need more houses”. Practical solutions are needed for where to build them. Brownfield sites can meet some of that demand, but if we are to be serious, green belt land will have to be used.

I read today BYD has overtaken them as the biggest EV manufacturer. I think Tesla is a bit of a sitting duck for the Chinese.
Tesla is toast. The major manufacturers have enough R&D budget to keep step.

Plus, incredibly hard for Tesla to pivot & rebrand, should EV be Betamax.

It’s a marketing play and Musk has played that hand to the hilt. He’s all in.

If I had the stones, I would be short Tesla all day long and a month of Sundays.

I had a 1.6 GTI with smaller pepper pot wheels, the liners failed , so had a couple of guys from the Pug garage do a foreigner in my house garage and took various bits out to get lightened and balanced.
Conrods, crank and flywheel.
Then new liners and piston rings, head skimmed and a 1.9 cam installed which had the high lift.
They turned the engine over first (with a big spanner on the flywheel bolt) in the garage and one had his ear on the side to listen if the valves hit the top of the pistons.
I asked what happens if they do.
They said to put a 1.6 camshaft back in.
The valves didn’t hit, so they put the engine back in.
Lined up with twin webers.
I could keep up with a sierra Cosworth to 100mph in third gear.
The thing span its wheels in 4th gear there was so much power.
Beat pretty much any car on straights
And corners. It was the best red 1.6 in the Midlands. Loved it.
I’ll never forget the sound of the stainless steel exhaust. Magical.
I need another to relive those sounds.
But £15k for a decent one now is !

I had a 1.6 GTI with smaller pepper pot wheels, the liners failed , so had a couple of guys from the Pug garage do a foreigner in my house garage and took various bits out to get lightened and balanced.
Then new liners and piston rings, head skimmed and a 1.9 cam installed which had the high lift.
They turned the engine over first (with a big spanner on the flywheel bolt) in the garage and one had his ear on the side to listen if the valves hit the top of the pistons.

I grew up with a lad who built a type B Rally replica, without the fancy paint job and stickers. It looked a mess from the outside and inside, but mechanically it was an utter monster. Scariest car I’ve ever sat in.
You could hear it coming from a considerable distance…

Great motors…….apart from the lift-off oversteer!!
Reversed into the scenery somewhere in Scotland one early morning!! Good times.

I grew up with a lad who built a type B Rally replica, without the fancy paint job and stickers. It looked a mess from the outside and inside, but mechanically it was an utter monster. Scariest car I’ve ever sat in.
You could hear it coming from a considerable distance…
The ultimate bonkers car. VW Golf with a W12 engine in the back. On display at the Autostadt in Wolfsburg.

E7eZBJQWQA0cO_A.jpg

Scaremonger.

But it is very likely that the green belt won’t be as sacred as it once was. But much of the green belt (around London anyway) is unprofitable field and pasture, closed to the public. That or golf corses.

Below is a link to a green belt area just outside Orpington, within the M25. A bus would take just 10m to the station with regular (10m interval) services to either Charing Cross or Victoria Station.

If we want to solve the housing shortage, houses are going to have to be built somewhere where people will want to live. It is no good just saying, “we need more houses”. Practical solutions are needed for where to build them. Brownfield sites can meet some of that demand, but if we are to be serious, green belt land will have to be used.
Not sure about that? There are some developments near me in some truly horrendous locations but the fat tracksuits still buy them!

The ultimate bonkers car. VW Golf with a W12 engine in the back. On display at the Autostadt in Wolfsburg.

View attachment 117818
A lad I worked with in the early 90s put a Rover 3.5L into a light blue Robin Reliant. Front seat removed to make way, steering wheel about 4ft long and sat in back seats. Scariest car I’ve ever been driven in

The used car market has clearly fallen, EVs have fallen sharply.

Anyone notice any shift in used California prices?

Personally haven’t noticed anything

Last edited:
The used car market has clearly fallen, EV’a have fallen sharply.

Anyone notice any shift in used California prices?

Personally haven’t noticed anything
I think the whole R.V. sector is still largely unaffected.

I think the whole R.V. sector is still largely unaffected.

I watched one of the YouTube dealers report on this earlier. New prices have peaked. Less buyers than 12months ago, but still limited stock availability for new sales which means not enough vans for those that want them.

More choice for used, but still shortages for sort after models, therefore prices remain strong across the sector.

PIAA? What’s wrong with a good ole set of Super Oscars?
Good question. In road rallying you're only allowed max of four forward-facing lamps (so headlamps plus one pair of aux). The PIAAs have twin elements that give you a driving lamp plus a fog. I usually end up with everything on. But yes Cibies would look more 'period'.

Back