Anyone yet got Beach Camper Insurance

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Did you manage to get insurance soughted?
I did. On the day I posted. Had too much stuff going on to spend time negotiating before pick up. But have 14 days to cancel... so an interested to hear if others have better deals...

Minime082

Minime082

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I did. On the day I posted. Had too much stuff going on to spend time negotiating before pick up. But have 14 days to cancel... so an interested to hear if others have better deals...
Who did you go with if you dont mind me asking?

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Who did you go with if you dont mind me asking?
I went through the Camping and Motorhome club. Which leads you to Devitt etc... and I was then told that they had several underwriters who refused my policy, and was left with AXA - the only one who accepted. Which, giving my background, age, job status, mileage, lack of claims... was a load of

Minime082

Minime082

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I went through the Camping and Motorhome club. Which leads you to Devitt etc... and I was then told that they had several underwriters who refused my policy, and was left with AXA - the only one who accepted. Which, giving my background, age, job status, mileage, lack of claims... was a load of
Im awaiting a call back from A-plan. Seems a bit of a struggle getting insurance quotes on california beach

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Im awaiting a call back from A-plan. Seems a bit of a struggle getting insurance quotes on california beach
Please keep us posted. I would have done more myself but dealing with a sick dog and 3 others who still have pre lockdown energy...

LemonDrop

LemonDrop

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just taken out a policy with Comfort for our Beach (previously we've been with Safeguard).

Never had problems with Safeguard over the Beach model (ours is MPV on V5) and had no problems at all with Comfort. I even pointed out to them that on the V5 it is an MPV.

Ch1pbutty

Ch1pbutty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just fixed this years + £307 with Admiral inc full business use for both drivers, inc AA UK+Euro breakdown cover, 9 years protected NCB. via a multi car policy; Also saved £100 on the wife’s car.

(Just Kampers wanted £460 for renewal this year, incl b/down and had stripped the cover back when you looked at the small print - ie camping equip, lost key & misfuel cover would have been on top of the renewal premium, but they were standard in previous years)

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I just got a quote for my ocean assuming it comes early April from Caravan Club...£1950 assuming only 1000 miles a year...staggering...got a comparative quote from Safeguard £502 12000 miles a year pus other extras.....how can that be....I will still check some others but a good start ..well from Safeguard.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I just got a quote for my ocean assuming it comes early April from Caravan Club...£1950 assuming only 1000 miles a year...staggering...got a comparative quote from Safeguard £502 12000 miles a year pus other extras.....how can that be....I will still check some others but a good start ..well from Safeguard.
Can recommend seeking quotes from Comfort and LV

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I've always found NFU good for covering anything thats not a normal car. Excellent service when I made a claim on our big white motorhome.

Admiral I now wouldn't touch with a barge pole - took 4 weeks just before xmas to sort out the mess when we insured the VW up in our daughters name, accused us of not declaring her accident & took an extra £800 premium from my bank account.

They kept saying the database showed she had had an accident & refused to accept that it was her twin brother with the same address Date of birth etc that had had a no fault accident.
We had to get his insurer to write to them with a print out from the shared database to show that they had misread it and confirm it was not her that had made a claim.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I've always found NFU good for covering anything thats not a normal car. Excellent service when I made a claim on our big white motorhome.

Admiral I now wouldn't touch with a barge pole - took 4 weeks just before xmas to sort out the mess when we insured the VW up in our daughters name, accused us of not declaring her accident & took an extra £800 premium from my bank account.

They kept saying the database showed she had had an accident & refused to accept that it was her twin brother with the same address Date of birth etc that had had a no fault accident.
We had to get his insurer to write to them with a print out from the shared database to show that they had misread it and confirm it was not her that had made a claim.
Noted

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150

Off topic warning.
This reminds me if when I separated from my ex husband prior to our divorce.
I was the employee (international company) and wrote to HR to say we separated and he had returned to UK.
My next months pay slip was full of zero’s. So I gave payroll a call. “I’m sure this is just a slip up on paperwork”.
Less than half an hour later I had a call from the head of payroll for one of the largest international companies... they had deleted me from the system... full of apologies...
It could have been easy if we had BOTH worked for the company. But no, it was a ‘HE’ who was the trailing spouse and I, as the employee was deleted from the payroll.

I am so glad you got this sorted. But it’s just another example of how companies do not check details, jump to conclusions... and unless you realise you are being ripped off...

It has made me wonder about starting a charity to help folk in these situations...

VW California Club