Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone else camping on their drive tonight?

9f1cf78d04060ddec6da7868b43da9d5.jpg

Just a brew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?? I think it’s a lovely thing to do especially when children are bored and have had put up with so much this year. Kids will remember lockdown camping for years to come and a chance also to get to know all the workings of the Cali before bigger adventures !
It was camping on the drive in a T2 Campervan, when I was a child that made me want one! It took 30+ years but I got there in the end. As a kid, it was our first try at independence and we absolutely loved it.

My kids now love it to, and anything I can do to give them some adventure in lockdown at the moment, is very welcome!

It was camping on the drive in a T2 Campervan, when I was a child that made me want one! It took 30+ years but I got there in the end. As a kid, it was our first try at independence and we absolutely loved it.

My kids now love it to, and anything I can do to give them some adventure in lockdown at the moment, is very welcome!
Brilliant this is what I want for my children too, that they can talk about driveway sleepovers in years to come. And what a great idea ..... build independence . Love this !

My Sister might be camping in her caravan Saturday :)

I sold it last night and it's being collected Sunday .... :)

We did last weekend. Film night on the drive, although someone forgot to charge the projector

And now with the photo!
Where do you set up your projector? We used ours the other night but I struggled to get a good position to project on to the front canvas.

My projector is very basic and unfortunately not Wi-Fi (bought last year to create a mini Glastonbury in the garden when we couldn’t get to the real festival). The girls vetoed watching it on the side blind and insisted we had to be able to lie on the lower bed to watch the movie.

I ended up using an extension lead, chromecast and propping it on the drop down shelf. Then it was too far from the front canvas, so hung a white sheet from the upper bed. The girls loved it but too much hassle to take it away with us. I may think about upgrading but want something small, with reasonable sound, preferably rechargeable and can correct both vertical and horizontal keystone.....and doesn’t cost a small fortune!!!

It was lots of fun though .....god knows what people walking past our drive must have thought!

Where do you set up your projector? We used ours the other night but I struggled to get a good position to project on to the front canvas.

My projector is very basic and unfortunately not Wi-Fi (bought last year to create a mini Glastonbury in the garden when we couldn’t get to the real festival). The girls vetoed watching it on the side blind and insisted we had to be able to lie on the lower bed to watch the movie.

I ended up using an extension lead, chromecast and propping it on the drop down shelf. Then it was too far from the front canvas, so hung a white sheet from the upper bed. The girls loved it but too much hassle to take it away with us. I may think about upgrading but want something small, with reasonable sound, preferably rechargeable and can correct both vertical and horizontal keystone.....and doesn’t cost a small fortune!!!

It was lots of fun though .....god knows what people walking past our drive must have thought!
Ive got a small flat projector made by yauffey

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078HMWSNG/?tag=eliteelect-21

and, with roof popped and the ceiling raised, it sits nicely between the rear shelf and the upper mattress. It does have keystone horizontal and vertical but you cant change the picture size witjout moving the projector. However when its placed on the rear shelf, the picture size fits perfectly onto the poptop canvass. Picture quality is really good and although max volume isnt great it pairs really well with a bluetooth speaker.
Ive found the easiest method for vieing films is to download. Indoors and connected to the tinternet, you can connect to netflix, amazon and google play to download films etc. to the device and then 0lay the download in the van. Ita rechargeable too and lasts about and hour and a half, so no need to connect to anything in the van, although i have just bought a usb extension for it. My kids love it too but yes the neighbours think were nuts too!

Ive got a small flat projector made by yauffey

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078HMWSNG/?tag=eliteelect-21

and, with roof popped and the ceiling raised, it sits nicely between the rear shelf and the upper mattress. It does have keystone horizontal and vertical but you cant change the picture size witjout moving the projector. However when its placed on the rear shelf, the picture size fits perfectly onto the poptop canvass. Picture quality is really good and although max volume isnt great it pairs really well with a bluetooth speaker.
Ive found the easiest method for vieing films is to download. Indoors and connected to the tinternet, you can connect to netflix, amazon and google play to download films etc. to the device and then 0lay the download in the van. Ita rechargeable too and lasts about and hour and a half, so no need to connect to anything in the van, although i have just bought a usb extension for it. My kids love it too but yes the neighbours think were nuts too!
Great to know....thank you.

Back