Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone available in Cardif area to view a Cali on my behalf?

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
Hi chaps

I may have found myself a Cali. Except I'm not home until the New Year and can't view :headbang

I wondered if any knowledgeable soul in the Cardif area, would be available to check her over for me? I'm not looking for guarantees or anything like that, just a check of what should be there and that if it's there, it's working!

AA etc are fine for mechanicals etc (I'll have it appraised that way too), but I doubt that they would be very well versed in the camper/motorhome aspects of a Cali - and wont have access to our buyers checklist :D

Please pm me if you're interested and I will of course reimburse your expenses and am happy to agree a fee (so long as you get the next round in!). It's a private seller, not a dealer and is a 2011 180 SE DSG model.

cheers

Andy

Re: Anyone available in Cardif area to view a Cali on my beh

Hi Andy
I'm no expert - only bought my cali about 6 weeks ago and still working out how things work and what goes where. I live in Bridgend and if the owner would drive to my place I could give the van a once over and give you my opinion without the need for expense or any fee [pint on you though]
Mine differs being manual but well versed in DSG on sports cars.

Geraint

Hi andy its a little bit to far for me sorry I would have liked to of helped
I can't see there being to much wrong with the Cali and remember it will still have warranty left
Like you say you will need to make sure that all that should come with it does :thumb
Good luck

cheers guys

Thanks for the offer Hutch, but I think I may be taking the p by asking the vendor to drive it to you... (I'll mention it to him if I have nobody else pm me tho) No worrries Kev, they're always gonna be a little further away than a regular car for sale eh?

I've contacted the RAC for a regular check - not surprisingly they dont check the habitation areas (even though they charge a lot more for a 'motorhome check'). Checked with AA/DEKRA and they're the same. Oiks.

Like you say Kev, it's still under warranty so everything should be covered. Mileage at 27k is maybe a little hefty for an April 2011 model but at just over 1k a month, it's hardly starship mileage. It's just had it's 25k (1st long-life) service.

So really all I am looking for is someone that's not a million miles away to check the things on a Cali work. Failing that I'll probably be able to conclude the deal before I get back, with the Father-in-Law present. If I arm him with the checklist from here, I pity the poor seller!

Fingers crossed...

I m too far from Cardiff and would happily have a look at it for you although I ve only had mine for a few weeks....... Let me know if I can be any help?

Rob

What spec are you looking for Mate?

I'm near Cardiff if your mega stuck.

I may know of a 4000 mile 2010 DSG for sale...

Rob... did you mean you're *not* too far away from Cardiff?

Main thing I'm after is 5th seat & privacy... nice to have cruise, awning, decent wheels, parking sensors, climatronic

In blue, silver, grey.... dont mind most colours tbh except red, green, beige

Andy

Sorry mate, yes I meant not far :)

Ok thanks for that. I'll ping you once the RAC have been over there

Ugh hit send too quickly

Meant to add depending on what they discover !

Thanks again

Andy

Well looks like the RAC did a really good & thorough job, so I probably won't have to call on you guys. Many thanks, I do appreciate the response tho. Keeping everything crossed I may have found my Cali!

Carrg, If you could ping me details of the 2010 Cali I'd be grateful. The seller seems to be messing me about a bit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back