Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another thread about Europe.......

LowMan

LowMan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
.....but a far more important one!

So with Euro 16 just around the corner, who's going to win?

How will you be watching? Is anyone going? Maybe some will be watching in their Cali's in an exotic location. Maybe you couldn't care less about footie!

Whatever your thoughts, share them here.

For the record, my money's on Rashford to score the quickest goal :thumb

Got a weird feeling the Leicester effect will rub off on England - slightly less convinced now Drinkwater not going

Reactions: DM
I'm expecting a month of disappointment.
We'll be in France and Spain during the first 2 weeks so if things do go well we'll have to stand at the back and keep quiet!

My pic somewhat gives it away but I am thinking more the Tottenham effect.
5 from Spurs the obvious ones to watch being Kane and Alli. Kane could be a bit weary after a very hard season. One to watch is Dier a possible captain of the future. Very calm and no push over.
Favourites are the normal ones with the French being added as have home advantage.

Team to watch and the one I would have a flutter on are Belgium at 11-1

Mike

I think like many England supporters, I'll start with my usual aimless optimism before eventually recognising the superiority of their opponents. If I'm honest, I'd struggle to see past France or Germany to win it, but good call re Belgium.

Wouldn't rule out England making it to the Semi-Final though*

*there I go again with the aimless optimism ;)

England to walk it this time :bananadance

Glad i'm off to the june meet , leaving the 15 th until the end of the month so i don't have to look at those football reports all over the news....no TV in my Cali so the real winner is ME !

Glad i'm off to the june meet , leaving the 15 th until the end of the month so i don't have to look at those football reports all over the news....no TV in my Cali so the real winner is ME !
I can PM you if you like

Mike

We'll ask Martin to put a big screen up at the Cali meet so you don't miss out:thumb

We'll ask Martin to put a big screen up at the Cali meet so you don't miss out:thumb

Ok , cancel my ticket to the june meet.....!;)

Everyone may watch the EC....just not my cup of tea

So go on, be honest. Who REALLY predicted all the home nations would be through to the next round!

What odds England v Wales in the final :cool:

I am waiting for WG to disagree as he wants out of Europe :D
No, Wales have got a good chance. Unlike the EU. Just be happy it's not the EU 2016 Football Championship. ;)

I have no interest in league football but happy to see all the home nations still in there. I think Wales have a good change to win it. My wife is Welsh so I'm rooting for all home teams.

We're all Welsh now. My Grandad came down from North Wales around 1903 so I must be Welsh. Couldn't speak English when he arrived in London according to family legend.

Need to find a good sports bar in Albert I think.

Last edited:
I guess all great journeys have to come to an end. Congratulations to Wales. Both the team and fans have been magnificent in this tournament. It's safe to say they bow out with heads held high!

_87174376_ap3.jpg

Next time!

Back