Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

An introduction ... at last

racali

racali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I would like to introduce myself, as I feel I can, having at last ordered the van after much deliberation and anxious moments. I finally decided on a natural grey 180 4Mo DSG with usual list of extras, though I resisted the zeon pack as too much bling, and was disappointed not to get the smoker's pack for the extra cup holder, nor the air purifier, as I was told they were no longer available. I did the deal with DtD which I found painless and rewarding after much scouring the ads for stock or nearly new vans but I found people's expectations unrealistic compared to what DtD, and the like, were able to offer. However, the downside is that delivery quoted is the 1st April at the earliest - I just hope this is not meant to be a joke on the dealer's part - it might be just in time for the announcement of the T6.
I have gained considerable knowledge from the forum so many thanks for all that valuable collective information and experience. No doubt I shall be asking daft questions in the coming months as I prepare for the great occasion. The most pressing will be the insurance but also getting the van fit for purpose as I will be a lone traveler intending on wild camping as much as possible both home and abroad so security is something to consider. So, see you later on the forum once I have collected my thoughts.......... Ray

Congrats! Good on you for using Drive the deal too, VW are too lazy to even compare prices sometimes.

What extra's / colour did you go for?

Hello, welcome ... where are the pics???? :eek:

Seriously, welcome and please do ask daft questions as I am ever so good at giving daft answers :oops:

Jen

Hi recali, a man after my own heart.
Welcome to the forum, looks like you've ordered the business there.
I shall be looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
I to am somewhat of lone traveller if you don't count Ruby my mutt :D

May your cali arrive sooner than latter

Alan

Thank you for the welcome - today's news from dealer is that the delivery is now extending further into April so plenty of time to ponder.....

It's usually a 16 week wait. My Oct 31st order was originally scheduled for build week 11, it is then about 4 more weeks before it is delivered, registered and ready for collection. Good news is we soon moved forward to week 7 build but now it is week 4 and on schedule for an early March collection. :bananadance

Hi reserves
This is the OCR'd list from the order sheet - it needs a bit of interpretation as to what is included in each description (the rear shower connection is in there somewhere) but it should give you the general idea -

Natural Grey Metallic (M4M4)
4 Instrument cluster Displays And Mutii-Functlon
Air Condltioning.climatronlc
Awning, Silver - Roll-Out Type On Drivers Side (NF4)
Bluetooth Premium (Z1H)
Charcoal cannister (2V5)
Foldable Trunk Cover (3U1)
Laminated Glass Pack (Z2C)
Mechanical Rear Axle Locking Differential (1Y4)
MEDIA-IN With IPod/IPhone Adapter (9WE)
Mini Flashlight (EU3)
Multi-Function Leather Steering Wheel With Control
Parking Sensors - Front &. Rear (7X2)
RCD310 With DAB+
Safe Box ( 4Y2)
Servotronlc (Speed-Sensitive Power Steering) (1N3)
Side Sliding Door Electric Drivers Side (GX5)
Trailer Hitch Preparation (1D7)
With Built-In Cupboard, Type 3

racali said:
Hi reserves
This is the OCR'd list from the order sheet - it needs a bit of interpretation as to what is included in each description (the rear shower connection is in there somewhere) but it should give you the general idea -

Natural Grey Metallic (M4M4)
4 Instrument cluster Displays And Mutii-Functlon
Air Condltioning.climatronlc
Awning, Silver - Roll-Out Type On Drivers Side (NF4)
Bluetooth Premium (Z1H)
Charcoal cannister (2V5)
Foldable Trunk Cover (3U1)
Laminated Glass Pack (Z2C)
Mechanical Rear Axle Locking Differential (1Y4)
MEDIA-IN With IPod/IPhone Adapter (9WE)
Mini Flashlight (EU3)
Multi-Function Leather Steering Wheel With Control
Parking Sensors - Front &. Rear (7X2)
RCD310 With DAB+
Safe Box ( 4Y2)
Servotronlc (Speed-Sensitive Power Steering) (1N3)
Side Sliding Door Electric Drivers Side (GX5)
Trailer Hitch Preparation (1D7)
With Built-In Cupboard, Type 3

Does it come with wheels or do you have to supply your own? :crazy

Hi Racali and welcome to the forum from another lone traveller (+dogs) :D

My wait (ordered end of September) ended up being much shorter than estimated and I collected in December - maybe you will have it earlier than you think!

Maud