• Start date
Carl_______________

Carl_______________

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Hi All

I am looking for a little advice and help

I am working on a little project to design an alternative method to mounting a projector in the VW Cali

I already own a Anker Nebula Max and its fantastic as it has keystone correction so I can can place it anywhere in the van and I get a fantastic picture

However, I also know there are other fantastic small projectors out there that are less than half the price but do not have keystone correction and need to be placed directly in front of the screen

I have recently purchased the Kodak Luma 75, this thing is tiny, sadly with the angle of the lenses when I place the projector in the van, the projected screen is too big (works out around a 50" Screen). In the position I mount it, the screen is about 2.5m away and ideally it needs to be around 2m away for the perfect sized picture.

I was wondering if anyone on here had purchased the Philips Projection PicoPix Nano for there van. There does not appear to be any specific data available on specific screen sizes available from Philips based on the distance from the screen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SXV136F/?tag=eliteelect-21

Any assistance would be appreciated and thank you in advance

I have the larger brother of this projector, well, the kickstarter non nano version of it. The Nebula I now have smashes it in every way.

The battery is better, the speaker the deal clincher and the size amazing. The software also more up to date and lack of fan noise a godsend vs the Phillips.

For the Philips it was easier to keystone correct but that was about it. I do find the Nebula a bit more of a faff.

We used to use the Philips to project onto the pop top with it sat on the table if that helps distance wise.

I can’t imagine anything without a speaker is much use, unless you have found a way to get the van speakers hooked in.

I have the larger brother of this projector, well, the kickstarter non nano version of it. The Nebula I now have smashes it in every way.

The battery is better, the speaker the deal clincher and the size amazing. The software also more up to date and lack of fan noise a godsend vs the Phillips.

For the Philips it was easier to keystone correct but that was about it. I do find the Nebula a bit more of a faff.

We used to use the Philips to project onto the pop top with it sat on the table if that helps distance wise.

I can’t imagine anything without a speaker is much use, unless you have found a way to get the van speakers hooked in.
Thanks for the feed back, very helpful

I find the speaker on the nubula a bit of a letdown too so I pair it with my Bluetooth speaker and position that in-between the seats for the full cinema sound effect

Thanks for the feed back, very helpful

I find the speaker on the nubula a bit of a letdown too so I pair it with my Bluetooth speaker and position that in-between the seats for the full cinema sound effect
Compared to the Phillips I had the Nebula speaker is like dolby. Happy with it TBH - it works well (in a van) even though it will never compare to my home setup. It’s all in one setup is spot on - CBA to carry another thing TBH.

Have your brackets of hope and with luck the screens will one day be back in stock which will round out our rig.