Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Almost daren't show you our Cali!

i like it and the wheels , how is the ride im assuming theyre 20's
Yes, they're 20's. We px a T5 transporter Kombi van which was our daily dog wagon and we owned a T4 transporter kombi before then, plus we've owned 4x4 cars and currently have a Mini JCW so all very different. The ride is car like to me given the transporters but more 'wallow-y' than the cars, if that makes sense. Our Mini is low though ands grips the road superbly so you can't compare it to that. The suspension on the Cali hasn't been altered so it's very comfortable. Our T5 had 18's and was lowered so you could feel much more in that. Some roads are in such a state these days too so that affects lowered suspension, I think.

:Stig That’s one Schmoooooooove looking unique Cali

Proper retro Cal look

I hope you’re going to do some shows, far too many boring factory colour calis out there, just goes to show what can be done with a little imagination which has sadly been lacking from Factory colour offerings and wheel options for a long time.
My son has suggested that as he goes to car shows! Yes, we'll definitely look into it. Thanks :)

Ya know.... the more I look at it..... the more I like it! (even the wheels too) :cool:
When I first saw it online I wasn't keen. I'd fallen in love with another Cali but it had sold and I was gutted! My husband sent me a link to this one and I started to look at its options and it really began to grow on me. Good job we got in and enquired as two other lots of people wanted it so we just got in there!

Last edited:
So I just had another look at the photo in the Two Tone thread...... I think in that particular photo the other greens in the background clash and do it no favours ...... also I think the black awning is a bit harsh with the green ( I wonder what a white or silver awning would look like?)

Either way... I deffo like it :thumb

So I just had another look at the photo in the Two Tone thread...... I think in that particular photo the other greens in the background clash and do it no favours ...... also I think the black awning is a bit harsh with the green ( I wonder what a white or silver awning would look like?)

Either way... I deffo like it :thumb
I agree. I don't think the background helps. I also wondered about a silver awning given the chrome bike rack and side rails.

I love the van but not 100% sure about the wheels, they do look easy to clean & with no holes I would guess all the brake dust is kept on the back of them so 10/10 for practicality.

I love the van but not 100% sure about the wheels, they do look easy to clean & with no holes I would guess all the brake dust is kept on the back of them so 10/10 for practicality.
20" steelies = weighty. 26kg without tyres :shocked

Hello,
It's great to be here, finally owning a Cali. Only taken us about 18 years!! Our Cali was the demo vehicle hence it looking different! It's registered white but the dealer painted it two tone berryl green, influenced by VW Beetles from the 1960's. They added the Schmoov wheels, then the bike rack, side rails & mud flaps. It has quite a few optional extras. I did wonder about posting as some people were critical of it in the 'two-tone' thread but tbh I love it. We all have different taste, which is a good thing, and I certainly don't expect everyone to like it! :)
I've found posts helpful and interesting, so thanks.

View attachment 105903

View attachment 105905
Well worth the 18 yr wait! Enjoy the travels!

It was a brave choice by the dealer on the colour, but it really works.
Looks great.

Personally, I find the colour combination together with the rims very successful. Although our cali is very average -and I’m fine with that- I like to come across modified ones. It just makes it more interesting along the roads for me. Before the delivery of ours, I was also interested in having our regular steel rims painted in an other colour: black or the colour of our cali: ascot grey. Someone made a preliminary design and I thought it looked good at the time. After a long wait, ours was delivered and didn’t feel the need to change the rims. So at the moment we are still driving around with the steel rims as on delivery; also fine, but the photos of your very beautiful cali made me look at the designpicture again :)
920CB9E8-440A-4E0F-8336-3D45DB558000.jpeg
Have fun with your california! It looks fab!

I really like the 2 tone colour combo but the wheels would take a bit of getting used however I suspect if you replaced them with more conventional alloys the overall visual impact of the van would be reduced

Welcome and love the colour combination. I’m constantly amazed at the colours/wheels/ lowering etc that I see, on this forum and on the road. Can’t say we love everything we see but some of it, like yours is really braw… we’ll be looking out for you on the road. Safe travels.

Love it, the wheels are crackers but that's great! Love 2 tone vans. Don't worry about people who don't like it, just be glad that you don't own a grey van, boooooooring (alienates himself from 50% of club ;))

Love it, the wheels are crackers but that's great! Love 2 tone vans. Don't worry about people who don't like it, just be glad that you don't own a grey van, boooooooring (alienates himself from 50% of club ;))
Yeah, got a grey boring van. :Iamsorry

Yeah, got a grey boring van. :Iamsorry
Isn't it more of a beige (I quite like that colour....). Of course any van is great, I just don't get the overall trend in cars in general towards grey, I heard on the radio that it's because of resell values....

I've always liked Alfas (and the 156 I had was probably lovely) and they should be red, but now I see them all the time in Grey and I just don't get it....

Each to their own!!

Isn't it more of a beige (I quite like that colour....). Of course any van is great, I just don't get the overall trend in cars in general towards grey, I heard on the radio that it's because of resell values....

I've always liked Alfas (and the 156 I had was probably lovely) and they should be red, but now I see them all the time in Grey and I just don't get it....

Each to their own!!
True: an Alfa should be red ;)
I choose our grey because of a kind of a nostalgia: my dads company cars were vw’s in mouse grey. Also because it’s an ‘easy to maintain’ colour. But by me it would never be opted for the resale value.

Back