Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All-season tyres?

P

pstephenson5

Hi, this is my first post on the forum so I'd really appreciate any help.

We have a 2012 Beach Bluemotion which came with Continental Vanco Eco 215/65 R16 C tyres fitted on standard VW alloys. Last winter I got stuck on a hill covered with a light sprinkling of snow and skidded on muddy Somerset roads in the following Spring. We're taking the Beach on a Ski trip to France in a few weeks and I want to avoid any problems by swapping out the current 'slicks' for more practical tyres. I can't be bothered to keep swapping tyres over with the change of the season so am considering all-season tyres. Does anyone have any opinions they can share on brand/model to go for? Ideally I'd like to spend under 500 quid fitted. Also, when I search online for tyres by the vehicle registration plate, 235/60 is given as the recommended size but would these still fit my alloys?

Thanks,
Paul

Not sure if you should have Winter tyres or All season, but there's a guy on here who sells brand new Steels with brand new all season tyres on for cheaper than a set of tyres.

I know you didn't want to swap but swapping a whole set of wheels is fairly easy.

reserves said:
Not sure if you should have Winter tyres or All season, but there's a guy on here who sells brand new Steels with brand new all season tyres on for cheaper than a set of tyres.

Can you remember who the guy is? I've done a search and seen numerous mentions of "Benn" but haven't been able to locate him. Also followed an eBay link but the item was no longer available ...

Thanks

Colin

Some European countries have laws about fitting winter tyres. Is France one of them?
Just a thought :?

As far as I know you do not have to have winter tyres in France unlike Germany and Austria.

Hi there, I bought from Ben just recently. Charming and super helpful and the wheels are brand new

Yeah contact Benn, wheels are great and meet requirements for snow tyres as they have the snow symbol on them. Got me across a closed road last week in a 4motion with no worries in 1ft deep snow, just drove like normal.