Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

@Auberg-ine how did you modify the towel rail bracket inward? The brackets on my towel rail don’t seem to move (easily)

Just keep further twisting the brackets. The end caps come off.
I was wrong in my previous sequence description. Step 1 should be the opening of the bottle ;-)

IMG-3996.jpg

Edit: the little bolt I was talking about. I also cut a little 'V' at the end of the bracket, fitting the screws at the glove compartment, so that the brackets can no longer be moved horizontally. It all survived a pretty rough driving test at cobblestones. Not that I would ever dare to drive like this later on, of course ;-)

Last edited:
As a reward for the hard labor
CB9BA19B-324B-4CBE-92C9-727BD84993DB_1_105_c.jpeg, we threw a party!
Auberg-ine Club 1.jpg Auberg-ine Club 2.jpg
'Sunware' multi-boxes ( #350) as perfect fit for the fridge, to be filled with ice for a night of cocktailing!
Backlit bar counter lights see #133. Rest of the party equipment coming from my son's 'gear'. :cool:
Auberg-ine Club 3.jpg
Cocktail Card: Blue Ocean, Heart of the Ocean, Ocean Mist,... Here an attempt to make a 'Port&Starboard' celebrating the announcement of the end of our curfew (well, mixed feelings between generations here in the Club ;-)
Soundtrack:

We could have chosen Karma Chameleon... :)

Last edited:
Following the thread 'raining in when cooking' I add my own solution here, a combination of the items from #279 (wash line/fridge protector), #282 (footwell bungee), #295 (sunshade). The rail screws and the bungee prevent the shield from flying away. A magnetic strip taped at the cover makes for a gutter.
This way I can just put the flyscreen in, keeping an open view.

Auberg-ine kitchen rain shield.jpg IMG-4551.jpg

Last edited:
I don't introduce new items anymore, using all the equipment I have for multiple purposes. Except for this latest foldable thermobox/bench armrest, following a remark from my son and his girlfriend who complained about 'sliding around' at the bench. This new tablet keeps them in place and peace ;-) And also comes in handy when they watch a movie on longer trips. The box itself is hooked at the loop in the middle of the bench.

Auberg-ine armrest:storage:pick-nick isobag.jpg Auberg-ine tablet tablet:storage:pick-nick isobag.jpg

Auberg-ine Barrage Hainaut.jpg
Integrated Velcro straps keep it folded very compact (8cm), fitting in my boot shelve boxes. It also appeared to be my best companion on long solo trips. Especially the insulated hatch proved to be very handy.
Auberg-ine isobox folded.jpg IMG-4230.jpg
Or at the picnic,...
Auberg-ine L'Eau d'Heure.jpg

Last edited:
I don't introduce new items anymore, using all the equipment I have for different purposes. Except for this latest foldable coolbox/bench armrest, following a remark from my son and girlfriend who complained about 'sliding around' at the bench. This new tablet keeps them in place and peace ;-) And also comes in handy if they look at a movie when on longer trips.

View attachment 77779 View attachment 77778

View attachment 77781
Integrated Velcro straps keep it folded very compactly, fitting in my boot shelve boxes. It also appeared to be my best companion on long solo trips. Especially the insulated trap proved to be very handy.
View attachment 77780 View attachment 77783
Or at the picknick,...
View attachment 77782

Does it also fit between driver seats?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Since the limo-tinting my herbs basket behind the chair is still working well for mint, parsley, chives,... but not for sun-loving plants like dill, tarragon or basil. Now one clearly can not live without basil. So I made an extra sunny herbs rack at the small window. The wine rack is simply retracted, and reachable from the wardrobe. Added advantage of course is the extra view.

Auberg-ine plant herbs rack braces.jpg Auberg-ine plant herbs rack.jpg

I assembled two drain pipe brackets (with rubber insert), and slid them between the C-pillar and wardrobe slots. The brackets are just wide enough to hold the containers fitting the standard supermarket herb or salad pots (best is to pour a little water in the containers and then place the herbs or salads on top of it).
Can be doubled to hold 4 pots ( 'Cut And Come Again' method), or tripled (to hold e.g. 6 glasses),...

'Mozzarella e Pomodori', 'Salmon with Dill' and 'Poulet à l'Estragon' are back on the Auberge menu!

Auberg-ine herbs containers.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing idea! It stays fixed when driving well? I can't quite imagine how it is fixed...
(Interesting too that you call it a wine rack...how much wine can you get in that thing that slides into the wardrobe?!)
Since the limo-tinting my herbs basket behind the chair is still working well for mint, parsley, chives,... but not for sun-loving plants like dill, tarragon or basil. Now one clearly can not live without basil. So I made an extra sunny herbs rack at the small window. The wine rack is simply retracted, and reachable from the wardrobe. Added advantage of course is the extra view.

View attachment 78241 View attachment 78242

I assembled two drain pipe brackets (with rubber insert), and slid them between the C-pillar and wardrobe slots. The brackets are just wide enough to hold the containers fitting the standard supermarket herb or salad pots (best is to pour a little water in the containers and then place the herbs or salads on top of it).
Can be doubled to hold 4 pots ( 'Cut And Come Again' method), or tripled (to hold e.g. 6 glasses),...

'Mozzarella e Pomodori', 'Salmon with Dill' and 'Poulet à l'Estragon' are back on the Auberge menu!

I had to bend the combi a bit, and then squeeze it into both slots, so quite firm, but if it appears to descend after the current 120 highway kms I plan to put a piece of plastic in both slots.
The wine rack referred to was this one:

Last edited:
If the first sentence of this thread was about "...all the extra equipment that grew onto the Auberg-ine, ...", this latest added awning cap should have been there as part of the original design. Simple and obvious; neat work from Lin!/MyCalifornia. Now let's see how much confidence it gets from our nearby carwashes,...

IMG-4719.jpg
It might have been a perfect funnel as well if only that extra hole would not turn it into a gigantic flute ;-)

Last edited:
If the first sentence of this thread was about "...all the extra equipment that grew onto the Auberg-ine, ...", this latest added awning adaptor should have been there as part of the original design. Simple and obvious; neat work from Lin!/MyCalifornia. Now let's see how much confidence it gets from our nearby carwashes,...

View attachment 79713
It might have been a perfect funnel as well if only that extra hole would not turn it into a gigantic flute ;-)
What is the function of that piece please?

I don't introduce new items anymore, using all the equipment I have for different purposes. Except for this latest foldable thermobox/bench armrest, following a remark from my son and his girlfriend who complained about 'sliding around' at the bench. This new tablet keeps them in place and peace ;-) And also comes in handy if they look at a movie when on longer trips. The box itself is hooked at the loop in the middle of the bench.

View attachment 77779 View attachment 77778

View attachment 77781
Integrated Velcro straps keep it folded very compact (8cm), fitting in my boot shelve boxes. It also appeared to be my best companion on long solo trips. Especially the insulated hatch proved to be very handy.
View attachment 77780 View attachment 77783
Or at the picnic,...
View attachment 77782
Ingenious as always @Auberg-ine - Can you send a link to the thermobox? I've tried googling but can't find anything similar. Thanks!

What is the function of that piece please?
It prevents the drying sleeves at the end of the carwash to get blocked between the awning and the van. The reason why most carwashes refuse our Cali's.
And at the same time improves some wind drag at high speed. I still have to check the eventual noise reduction.

IMG-4724.jpg
edit: I've been naughty, driving 160km/h. Still noise at the awning from 150, but it's my impression there's less than without the piece.

Last edited:
I've never tried a carwash with the Cali, so don't know exactly how they work, but if whatever is on the carwash catches on the front of the awning on the way down, doesn't it catch on the rear of the awning on the way back?

Oh, it's like visiting a Turkish bathhouse ;-)
The long sleeves are dragged over the car (or rather reverse, the car is pulled through the curtain, one-way), so at the end they just slide off, without further risk)
I know it's not the best TLC, but at least it gets its roof washed for once.

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-09 om 06.49.43.jpg

Last edited:
Since lots of us bought the Sosmar drainer for the fridge, and since we only can use the drainer, and not the accompanying tray for ventilation reasons, and since lots are looking for an extra little table beside the kitchen cabinet, I got the drill out again... ;-)
View attachment 75390View attachment 75395

step 1: move one towel rail bracket towards the center of the rail:

View attachment 75386

Step 2: put some ink at the 2 towel tops with a marker and present the tray on it, touching the B-pilar, then make 2x 8mm holes with a wood drill (pin), where the marker dots left a trace at the tray, and put the tops through them:

View attachment 75387

Step 3: open a bottle of wine, and cut a part of the cork, the same thickness as the plug. Stick it behind the left bracket. Et voilà!
@Auberg-ine why is it not a good idea to use the accompanying tray? Could you elaborate on how and why this would cause ventilation problems? I just bought one ;-)

@Auberg-ine why is it not a good idea to use the accompanying tray? Could you elaborate on how and why this would cause ventilation problems? I just bought one ;-)
For exactly the reason you put in the drainer in the first place: to avoid non-ventilated areas like underneath bottles etc where air can not flow, and so condensation appears. By adding the tray you recreate again a non-ventilated area underneath it. Also, what would be the use of the tray then? Collecting the condensed water underneath the drainer? If not already spilled while driving, you have to take out the content of the fridge to pour it out, no?...

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with the grill or the tray - just lay a microfibre cloth in the bottom of the fridge, which absorbs the condensation, and give it a wash at the end of the trip.

I wouldn't bother with the grill or the tray - just lay a microfibre cloth in the bottom of the fridge, which absorbs the condensation, and give it a wash at the end of the trip.
Takes up less room and cheaper too

View attachment 78241 View attachment 78242

View attachment 78852

Like the idea. Which diameter are the drain pipe br@ckets?

Your suggestion to combine four or six of them, isn’t compliable with opening the fridge, I presume.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Back