Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

Like the idea. Which diameter are the drain pipe br@ckets?

Your suggestion to combine four or six of them, isn’t compliable with opening the fridge, I presume.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.
You can open the fridge with the pots at the lowest position (when you want to put 6). Just not 100% then, so you can't take out the basket without removing the pots in this case.
I'm 'off-shore' for the moment, so can't check the diameter, but I guess it was 80mm.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with the grill or the tray - just lay a microfibre cloth in the bottom of the fridge, which absorbs the condensation, and give it a wash at the end of the trip.
Have you seen the content of my 'mini bar'? (post#91). I don't want to take this out constantly. It just gets topped up ;-)

You can open the fridge with the pots at the lowest position (when you want to put 6). Just not 100% then, so you can't take out the basket without removing the pots in this case.
I'm 'off-shore' for the moment, so can't check the diameter, but I guess it was 80mm.
I just see that the window is 20 CM broad, so I guess the brackets must be 10 CM each.

BTW: the best way to keep basil growing, is to cut the plant in half, and spread half of the roots in a new pot, with much more room between te roots. This prevents early infections between the roots. Then cut off the largest leaves on top. That way basil should be alive for some weeks, in stead of days.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

I just see that the window is 20 CM broad, so I guess the brackets must be 10 CM each.

Oops, wrong thinking by me...
Forgot that with 2 x 10 rings, there's also the nuts and bolts at each side and between. Plus the size of the ring itself. That results in 28 CM in total.
So, I think 8 CM per bracket is more ok, or maybe even 7 CM...

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

I don't introduce new items anymore, using all the equipment I have for different purposes. Except for this latest foldable thermobox/bench armrest, following a remark from my son and his girlfriend who complained about 'sliding around' at the bench. This new tablet keeps them in place and peace ;-) And also comes in handy when they watch a movie on longer trips. The box itself is hooked at the loop in the middle of the bench.

View attachment 77779 View attachment 77778

View attachment 77781
Integrated Velcro straps keep it folded very compact (8cm), fitting in my boot shelve boxes. It also appeared to be my best companion on long solo trips. Especially the insulated hatch proved to be very handy.
View attachment 77780 View attachment 77783
Or at the picnic,...
View attachment 77782
Hiya
Is this a product I can buy myself or have you engineered this yourself??
If it’s in the market would you mind sharing where I can find one
Many thanks
GT

Hiya
Is this a product I can buy myself or have you engineered this yourself??
If it’s in the market would you mind sharing where I can find one
Many thanks
GT
Hi, @dartmoordingoe and @gt_63, I bought it at one of those car accessories stores, Auto5. Brand is Norauto, see post #366 here above.
Indeed a handy thing to have.

Last edited:
Oh, it's like visiting a Turkish bathhouse ;-)
The long sleeves are dragged over the car (or rather reverse, the car is pulled through the curtain, one-way), so at the end they just slide off, without further risk)
I know it's not the best TLC, but at least it gets its roof washed for once.

View attachment 79764
my carwash refuses the Cali because of the bike rack, not because of the awning

Back