Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alex Scott

To change the subject I love Alex Scott and I think she’s a great example to every young girl or boy. However she is being overly used like many of todays tv stars, we need to see more talented people on TV, more Alex Scotts. Rather than trotting out the Gary Linekers at every opportunity, it just gets boring in the end.

This thread may have begun in all innocence but has increasingly contained some (I'm saying some, not all!) dodgy, slightly unpleasant references. Shall we put it to bed and move on?
Yes lets.

i understand that 97% of VW California owners are white - does that make VW institutionally racist ? and what do they need to do to attract more black and asian customers -

Offended of Cheltenham

Why are you even mentioning that she is black?

The original argument was about why suddenly one person was suddenly seemingly presenting every programme on the BBC

Whilst she wouldn’t be my first choice for some of the stuff she was presenting, I do think she would be far better than Paddy McGuiness on Question of Sport.
Sadly stopped watching QoS since Paddy’s been in the chair.

My old MD would constantly remind me that ‘Change is the only constant’ (mind you he did read far too many management books - Who Moved My Cheese, was his favourite), i’d reply ‘if it aint broke, don’t fix it’.

Question of Sport wasn’t broken in my opinion but maybe a younger audience will prefer the new format?

My old MD would constantly remind me that ‘Change is the only constant’ (mind you he did read far too many management books - Who Moved My Cheese, was his favourite), i’d reply ‘if it aint broke, don’t fix it’.

Question of Sport wasn’t broken in my opinion but maybe a younger audience will prefer the new format?
Who’s watching TV anymore, other than my Wife?

Because there is an inference around that todays White people are bad because of slave owners, when the actual truth is that probably every nation in the world has had slavery. In fact many still have. I would rather deal with todays slavery that is never reported on, these are the people who need our help. We also have to remember that our Nation led the way in the abolishment of slavery and that cost was carried by the Tax payer who had nothing to do with it. Our part in slavery should taught at school, but so should all the great things our Nation did, so our kids get a balanced view of the Country and know what great people we are White, Black, Asian Or what ever tone your skin happens to be.

We have to stop letting the history of our heritage hold us back and cause division, or we will never have the world we deserve, because the one we have at the moment is in big trouble.
Wait...what!! So the reason this thread has been mentioning 'tokenism' at Alex Scott's BBC appearances, and is now discussing 'the history of slavery' in response to an original post about a Lord's bigoted attack on her, is... "Because there is an inference around that todays White people are bad because of slave owners"... Just wow!!

Wait...what!! So the reason this thread has been mentioning 'tokenism' at Alex Scott's BBC appearances, and is now discussing 'the history of slavery' in response to an original post about a Lord's bigoted attack on her, is... "Because there is an inference around that todays White people are bad because of slave owners"... Just wow!!

That’s where the original post took us to. Read all the post rather than the headline.

Now I am shocked.

Do I really understand from all of the above, bearing in mind I rarely ever watch anything but I-Player from the BBC ...

Sue Barker is no longer presenting question of sport?

I have read all the posts and my question still stands...
Then the answer is Yes. Post anything and it just evolves as people respond to the last post rather than the original post. A bit like most conversations….

So who do we think are the most overexposed TV ‘celebrities’?
I’ll kick off with Bradley Walsh.
Lovely guy but just too much screen time.

Now I am shocked.

Do I really understand from all of the above, bearing in mind I rarely ever watch anything but I-Player from the BBC ...

Sadly a reshuffle meant a talented older female was replaced by a pratt. (oh and the captains replaced for more up to date ones)

So who do we think are the most overexposed TV ‘celebrities’?
I’ll kick off with Bradley Walsh.
Lovely guy but just too much screen time.
Are we straying off the post here? Lol. The Rylan guy, talented lad, but way too muchTV time. But your right about Bradley, I see him more than the wife.

Are we straying off the post here? Lol. The Rylan guy, talented lad, but way too muchTV time. But your right about Bradley, I see him more than the wife.
Rylan was one of my nominations way back in post #6. I must be watching less TV as I (thankfully) haven't seen him in ages.

Angela Scanlon was another flavour of the month who has since faded.

I see Fifth Gear have appointed Rory Reid. All they need now is Jason Dawe and it will really be the worst of Top Gear.

Rylan was one of my nominations way back in post #6. I must be watching less TV as I (thankfully) haven't seen him in ages.

Angela Scanlon was another flavour of the month who has since faded.

I see Fifth Gear have appointed Rory Reid. All they need now is Jason Dawe and it will really be the worst of Top Gear.
I don’t know any of these people, lol.

Sadly a reshuffle meant a talented older female was replaced by a pratt. (oh and the captains replaced for more up to date ones)

OH NO!!

You mean, Tuffers has gone as well? :shocked

Then the answer is Yes. Post anything and it just evolves as people respond to the last post rather than the original post. A bit like most conversations….
So the reason someone looks at a successful person like Alex Scott and starts hinting at 'tokenism' is..."Because there is an inference around that todays White people are bad because of slave owners"

Thanks for clearing that up...

Now I am shocked.

yes she has been woked out along with dawson and tuffers - didnt meet enough BBC diversity ticks even tho sue is getting on a bit - we now have a white non-sports man and black chap and a woman called Sam Quek - following in the illustrious footsteps of Billy Beaumont Frankie Dettori Henry Cooper Ally McCoist Fred Trueman ...... and they wonder why no one watches it ? - amazing ....... they are going to rename it a Question of Tokenism

Back