Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alex Scott

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Was "Lord Digbey Jones" right to criticise her "elocution"?

Personally I think he's a prat and represents every sodding bloody class bigot I've ever had to contend with *

*purely my opinion

well I havent heard her. However all I want to know is does she know her stuff and is she entertaining. I don't mind if she is entertainin’ …either is fine by me!

well I havent heard her. However all I want to know is does she know her stuff and is she entertaining. I don't mind if she is entertainin’ …either is fine by me!
She's great, Exciting, knows her stuff, visually dynamic and speaks like I do and probably constructs sentences like I do. (badly but try my best) :D

She's great, Exciting, knows her stuff, visually dynamic and speaks like I do and probably constructs sentences like I do. (badly but try my best) :D
My only issue is that when the BBC find new talent they then urgently spread that person thinly and widely across all and any programmes, irrespective of revelance, suitability or appeal.

Alex Scott, Rylan Clark-Neal, etc etc. On one program, suddenly on all.

I don't read or agree with the Daily Mail but the BBC does seem to be focused on being as PC as they can be. Be good to have a bit more true balance.

My only issue is that when the BBC find new talent they then urgently spread that person thinly and widely across all and any programmes, irrespective of revelance, suitability or appeal.

I don't read or agree with the Daily Mail but the BBC does seem to be focused on being as PC as they can be. Be good to have a bit more true balance.
I totally agree that over recent years, not judt BBC, put many platforms are focused on certain profiles. Many of which are ticking boxes. My own view is that, after initially thinking Alex Scott fell into the same category… then watching her on different programmes… I came to the conclusion that she deserves this slot.
On others you mention…

Like during the Euro footy, having Rio Ferdinand as a
token.
The world has gone mad. Better to stop watching the news,
especially the bloody bbc.

I like Rio.

He's not a token, he was the closest thing before Harry McGuire that we have to the late, great Bobby Moore.*

*and both spoke/speak like I do .... imagine being female, cockney accent and bedouin/traveller mix lecturing to the most privileged scions of Southern USA stock or worse, , Royal Military academy Sandhurst

half a £££ million a year; think how much she'd be on if she could actually read an autocue :)

I tend to agree. Aren't there any ex-olympic athletes in need of a few quid who could do her job at least as well? She's fed plenty of lines about what it's like to be an athlete in training for the Olympics but has no personal experience. She should stick to the footy in my opinion.

I tend to agree. Aren't there any ex-olympic athletes in need of a few quid who could do her job at least as well? She's fed plenty of lines about what it's like to be an athlete in training for the Olympics but has no personal experience. She should stick to the footy in my opinion.

But...

what if they all talked like her?

Would the condemnation of lord Digbey still be valid?

Personally I think he's a prat and represents every sodding bloody class bigot I've ever had to contend with *

*purely my opinion
I think she's really good, bonafide sports person, very relaxed, entertaining style, superb record for English football, down to earth... What's not to like?

Like during the Euro footy, having Rio Ferdinand as a
token.
The world has gone mad. Better to stop watching the news,
especially the bloody bbc.
Nah, Rio is cool!

I never thought for a second he was there for any reason other than he was a great footballe, he explains the tactics well, and the banter with Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer is entertaining.

Nah, Rio is cool!

I never thought for a second he was there for any reason other than he was a great footballe, he explains the tactics well, and the banter with Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer is entertaining.
Plus as Rio played as a Defender, he was able to understand and explain Gareth Southgate's "defence focused" game formation better than the aforementioned strikers!

*purely my opinion
I personally think its a story rehashed from long ago by a person so far up his own family trees *rse thats its totally irrelevant.

Really is a non story. Her accent just isnt a thing these days.

Weird crap newsstory day i gotta say.

I do agree with much that has been said re tokenism.

Not just on the bbc but allover the place. You cant force imbalance on us. Its not reality.

We really do know the score. Improvements yes but dont take the mick.
I saw 3 or 4 presenters for Euro 2020, one was black and one German, are we (a VW board) now against the Germans too?

Infact 3 defenders in England squad from Yorkshire, should there have been more southerners?!

For the Olympics, I see a mixture of faces, ages, sexes, backgrounds, posh, not posh... Looks pretty well balanced to me

Virtue signalin, init

I fink she’s like well annoying

Poor Claire Balding’s had her nose pushed out, too posh and white. She’s gay you know.

Yes
Gail Emms.
But she doesn’t fit the BBCs current demographic profile…

I should probably leave it there.

My gripe with the coverage is the lack of depth. The producers/presenters either don’t understand or can’t be bothered to give some basic background facts about the discipline they are covering.
I may have missed it but for example, the coverage of the Canoe & Kayak Slalom. No explanation of the differences between the Canoe & Kayak disciplines.

Kind of agree with him. I have a similar problem with rising intonation at the end of a sentence.

I may have missed it but for example, the coverage of the Canoe & Kayak Slalom. No explanation of the differences between the Canoe & Kayak disciplines.

That’s the exact question we had when watching.

Back