Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AIB Insurance - Club Membership

I just got a quote for my ocean assuming it comes early April from Caravan Club...£1950 assuming only 10000 miles a year...staggering...got a comparative quote from Safeguard £502 12000 miles a year pus other extras.....how can that be....I will still check some others but a good start ..well from Safeguard.

I just got a quote for my ocean assuming it comes early April from Caravan Club...£1950 assuming only 10000 miles a year...staggering...got a comparative quote from Safeguard £502 12000 miles a year pus other extras.....how can that be....I will still check some others but a good start ..well from Safeguard.
Safeguard quoted me £1000 + Comfort £850 so didn't even bother with a C&C quote. AIB are £618 and with the extra 15% discount it's will be the cheapest apart from Admiral but I wasn't convinced they know what they are insuring, it seems like they are offering standard car cover but saying verbally camping accidents are covered... but I wasn't convinced.

Safeguard quoted me £1000 + Comfort £850 so didn't even bother with a C&C quote. AIB are £618 and with the extra 15% discount it's will be the cheapest apart from Admiral but I wasn't convinced they know what they are insuring, it seems like they are offering standard car cover but saying verbally camping accidents are covered... but I wasn't convinced.
The policy wording will set out exactly what’s covered.

Interestingly Safeguard offered me additional discount being a member of this club so they must be price matching...they were very thorough though

Remember that these are all Brokers and you can be actually insured by the same company at the end of the day.

When asked if you have any previous quote give the number that you would like to pay not the actual quote.

Remember that these are all Brokers and you can be actually insured by the same company at the end of the day.

When asked if you have any previous quote give the number that you would like to pay not the actual quote.
Yes, also: if seeking a quote from a company that offers a club discount, only mention the % discount once you've got your quote...

Just to confirm this discount is still valid, I took out insurance with them last week

Interestingly Safeguard offered me additional discount being a member of this club so they must be price matching...they were very thorough though
I've looked for insurance online over the past few days and noticed that the new 204 engine isn't listed on insurers websites yet, just the existing 199. Have Safeguard quoted based on the 204 engine or used the 199 as a base?

I've looked for insurance online over the past few days and noticed that the new 204 engine isn't listed on insurers websites yet, just the existing 199. Have Safeguard quoted based on the 204 engine or used the 199 as a base?
To be honest they only asked the engine size not the BHP nor that it was a 4 motion and describe it as California Ocean on their proposal form but I intend to revisit the quote when I get a confirmed delivery date, more worrying is how you get it road taxed as Russel has found...DVLA will be less flexible

To be honest they only asked the engine size not the BHP nor that it was a 4 motion and describe it as California Ocean on their proposal form but I intend to revisit the quote when I get a confirmed delivery date, more worrying is how you get it road taxed as Russel has found...DVLA will be less flexible
I've fired off a quote request, so will wait on a response.

Defo a huge problem if VW can't get our vans taxed, but that is for VW to resolve as a matter of priority, but it might explain why the 204 is not listed on insurance websites yet.

I've fired off a quote request, so will wait on a response.

Defo a huge problem if VW can't get our vans taxed, but that is for VW to resolve as a matter of priority, but it might explain why the 204 is not listed on insurance websites yet.
Agree, having been waiting since August if my van was sat there and the only reason I couldnt take it away was because of VW incompetence I would struggle to be a reasonable man....but all the dealers ever say in response to anything like this well we agree it’s terrible, or I agree VW are hopeless......then, but we can’t do anything about it as we can’t control the situation....this is my first VW and I am not impressed with the management ..or information flow at any level...I wonder if it’s the fact that it is their Commercial section (ie VANS) and not cars even though our “vans” cost more than most of their cars, where client interaction is more important due to competition.

Agree, having been waiting since August if my van was sat there and the only reason I couldnt take it away was because of VW incompetence I would struggle to be a reasonable man....but all the dealers ever say in response to anything like this well we agree it’s terrible, or I agree VW are hopeless......then, but we can’t do anything about it as we can’t control the situation....this is my first VW and I am not impressed with the management ..or information flow at any level...I wonder if it’s the fact that it is their Commercial section (ie VANS) and not cars even though our “vans” cost more than most of their cars, where client interaction is more important due to competition.
Funnily enough this is our first VW also, and equally unimpressed thus far.

Funnily enough this is our first VW also, and equally unimpressed thus far.
I have to say once the van arrived at the port of exit and the dealer got involved the service I've received has been excellent. Hopefully it will be the same for you, the handover has been great and the van is so far perfect. The service before that was virtualy non existent though and with the delays a very frustrating experience !!