Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adding Bluetooth A2D Profile Audio to Kenwood DNX-521DAB

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I had to share this with my friends on the forum!!

I have the DNX-521DAB head unit in my Beach but have been searching for a way to add bluetooth audio streaming to it for use with spotify etc. Previously I had a Parrot 9200mki Car kit in mylast vehicle that did this really well, and I was missing it badly!

Off course I have the iPod adaptor in the glovebox, but it is not always convenient to have my iPhone in the glovebox.

After much head scratching and investigation, I found that bluetooth a2dp adaptors exist in the home for adding bluetooth to your existing iPod dock!!... £11.99 later from Amazon and I now have incredible streaming to my Kenwood, and best of all, my iPhone 5 has bluetooth multipoint so it doesn't even upset the bluetooth handsfree system integrated into the Kenwood!!... Genius kit!

It's called "i-Wave Bluetooth Music Receiver for Speaker Docks with Apple 30-pin Connectors" and I would recommend it to anybody who has an iPhone 5 and the Kenwood DNX-521DAB!!

Hi redredzimer

I too use spotify etc.at home and just love it.
Have the 521 kenwood and need to upgrade my phone so your set up really interested me even though this techno is above me :crazy I'm pretty sure my son will be able to understand.

:thanks for sharing

Alan