Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AdBlue

R

RedWhiteMonkey

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Looking for a bit of advice regarding AdBlue.

We have a T6.1 Cali Beach, its the 150bhp DSG. We have currently done just over 14,000km (I live in Germany) in it.

I am conscious that I have not yet added any AdBlue to it since we got it. I have looked at the handbook and it just talks about getting a prompt to fill the AdBlue up at 2400km, another at 1000km and then finally a fault at 0km. We have a few big trips coming up and will be off to Corsica in a couple of weeks, there is a good chance that we would be drop below 2,400km range in Corsica. I would prefer to add AdBlue at home where I know several filling stations that have rather than attempt to find it another country

The handbook is unclear, do I have to wait for a prompt before filling it or can I add AdBlue now?

If so, I presume I add a minimum of 9.5l and a maximum of 18.25l (I'd add 15l)?

PXL_20230510_185727820.MP.jpg

If you’re concerned add it now. It is readily available throughout Italy and France though so it’s not a problem either way.

Looking for a bit of advice regarding AdBlue.

We have a T6.1 Cali Beach, its the 150bhp DSG. We have currently done just over 14,000km (I live in Germany) in it.

I am conscious that I have not yet added any AdBlue to it since we got it. I have looked at the handbook and it just talks about getting a prompt to fill the AdBlue up at 2400km, another at 1000km and then finally a fault at 0km. We have a few big trips coming up and will be off to Corsica in a couple of weeks, there is a good chance that we would be drop below 2,400km range in Corsica. I would prefer to add AdBlue at home where I know several filling stations that have rather than attempt to find it another country

The handbook is unclear, do I have to wait for a prompt before filling it or can I add AdBlue now?

If so, I presume I add a minimum of 9.5l and a maximum of 18.25l (I'd add 15l)?

View attachment 108282
You don't have to wait for the prompt. Just go ahead and fill it. Once filled, wait 30 seconds with the ignition on for the system to register the fill up. That's all. It is a fairly simple system at that.

If you scroll through the menu, it should somewhere give you an indication of how much you can fill up ... But don't worry too much about that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks, I thought I didn't need to wait for the prompt but wanted some confirmation to comfort me. The garage near my house has an AbBlue pump, I'll stick 15l in tonight after work.

I got a prompt this weekend and it said 1500 miles left in ad blue tank. I added 10L and now it says 6000 miles left. I have to scroll through the Calis computer to see the 6000 miles left till next fill up

I am still a little bit confused. Everything I read says the capacity of the AdBlue tank is 13L yet my car says I can add a maximum of 18.25L. How can that be the case?

I don't want to overfill it as I have read that causes problems.

I now I read that newer vans have bigger Adblue (22L?) tanks. Ours is less than a year old, how can I check this?

Sorry for spamming, I can see how to edit existing posts.

I think I have a 22L adblue tank, which would explain the max 18.25L figure my van tells me.

adblue.jpeg

I now I read that newer vans have bigger Adblue (22L?) tanks. Ours is less than a year old, how can I check this?
Yes,22L. Have you not just confirmed this as the display says you can happily add 18+ L.

Back