Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue filling

Wondering if anyone can help. We don't have Adblue at the pump around us and so having to fill up 'manually'. We have the VW connector and buy the 10l Litre container from VW. We've never found the fill up using these that easy, but last time we did something to the connector and it sped the process up massively.

Guess what? We can't remember what we did all those months ago and now have to fill up again. Anyone else fill up via the 10 litre container and the VW connector and if so any advice you can give? Or do we seemingly have a duff connector? thanks in advance.

My last 10l I got from Halfords, it came complete with pouring spout and took about three minutes to pour in just using the pouring spout.

thanks grannyjen - think we'll be paying a visit to Halfords.

To be honest most of the containers i have purchased came with some kind of funnel.

Before heading into Halford, check you local Aldi, they have been doing 6l bottled for a fiver.....including a funnel.

Jason

thanks grannyjen - think we'll be paying a visit to Halfords.

Just remember that air has to get back into the can to replace the Adblue coming out so don't just stick the nozzle in and hold the can completely over the top.

The real trick is to have the can outlet at the top position and slowly raise the can as it empties and rotate to fully empty. Bit hard to explain with a demo.

this you tube shows the principle.

Halfords was £12.50 for 10 ltrs in my local store today. I filled up at a Shell pump on Wednesday for £0.699 per ltr.

We don't have Adblue at the pump around us
If your location is Kent, are you sure?

List of AdBlue pumps in Kent (I know there are others):

Shell Hamhill Service Station
Malling Road, Snodland, Snodland, ME14 3HT

Moto Medway West Service Area
M2 Junction 4/5, Rainham, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 8PQ

Moto Medway East Service Area
M2 Junction 4/5, Rainham, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 8PQ

BP Queenborough Service Station
265-269 Queenborough Road, Isle of Sheppey, Sheerness, Kent, ME12 3EW

MRH Esso Cobham Service Station
Watling Street, A2 Trunk Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 3BH

Dover South Services
George Hammond PLC, Dover South Services, Limekiln Street,, Dover, CT17 9EF

ESSO Dartford
474 Princes Road, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1YT

Sparshatts of Kent Ltd
Leacon Road, Ashford, TN23 4TU

IDS Ashford Truckstop
Waterbrook Avenue, Ashford, TN24 0LH

Sparshatts of Kent Ltd
Eurolink Industrial Estate, Sittingbourne, ME10 3RN

KTS Trucks Limited
East Kent International Freight Terminal, Faversham, ME13 9EN

MV Trucks Limited
New Hythe Lane, Kent, ME20 7PW

Shell Channel Gateway Service Station
Stanford Intersection, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4BL

Shell Ham Hill Service Station
Malling Rd, Snodland, kent, ME6 5LB

ESSO COBHAM LONDON RD S/STN(ROC-FUELS).
A2 TRUNK ROAD, GRAVESEND, DA12 3BH

IDS Dover
Lydden Hill, Dover, CT15 7JW

Sparshatts of Kent Ltd
Longfield Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 3EY

AS24
Lydden Hill, Dover, CT15 7JW

AS24
Berth Tilbury Docks, Tilbury, RM18 7EH

AS24
Oliver Cl, Grays, RM20 3EE

Wondering if anyone can help. We don't have Adblue at the pump around us and so having to fill up 'manually'. We have the VW connector and buy the 10l Litre container from VW. We've never found the fill up using these that easy, but last time we did something to the connector and it sped the process up massively.

Guess what? We can't remember what we did all those months ago and now have to fill up again. Anyone else fill up via the 10 litre container and the VW connector and if so any advice you can give? Or do we seemingly have a duff connector? thanks in advance.
If I can’t find a pump I just get a plastic bottle; comes with naff adapter. Latest bargain Lidl! Not the easiest filler but with patience it works.

On the same topic, I refilled with Adblue yesterday putting in all I had which was less than the maximum, 6 litres from Aldi, and the range only went up to 4000 miles. Does anyone know when the Adblue mileage on the MFD says how much to fill up with appears again? At the moment there is just the mileage on there and no quantity advised.

On the same topic, I refilled with Adblue yesterday putting in all I had which was less than the maximum, 6 litres from Aldi, and the range only went up to 4000 miles. Does anyone know when the Adblue mileage on the MFD says how much to fill up with appears again? At the moment there is just the mileage on there and no quantity advised.

I normally get a "minimum - maximum" at about 3k - 3.5k

Useful Max ... I,e, something over 10l .... normally around 2 - 2,5k

Just checked my dash says 11500 miles left for add blue ??? Is this right ??

From what i read should be 4500 max

My van is only 12 months old an has only 1250 miles on clock
Iv not put any add blue in yet as this was done at factory from new ??

Any help Thanks

Any help Thanks
T6 was 4500 but T6.1 is much higher. Bigger tank fitted.
Don't worry and go by readings

Any help Thanks

It’s one of the ways the van will talk to you. It will count down the miles. Sounds like there is loads in there and a way to go before filling up. We fill ours when it gets down to the last 1000 miles and it takes a full container from Halfords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The containers Adblue is supplied in are very good quality and I’ve been reluctant to throw them in the recycling. Anyone got any suggestions what to use them for?
Is it bad that I use one (that has been extensively rinsed out) to fill the fresh water tank?

A full adblue tank on a 6.1 will get you about 12,500 miles - so no sweat just yet! I’ve just topped up ours for the first time, done 10,000 miles. It took 18 litres to get to max.

By the way, filling up empty adblue bottles with fluid from my wormery - good tomato feed for next summer ;)

A full adblue tank on a 6.1 will get you about 12,500 miles - so no sweat just yet! I’ve just topped up ours for the first time, done 10,000 miles. It took 18 litres to get to max.
Early T6.1 had a much smaller a blue tank, max range was more like 4500 miles

Filled ours at 10,000 covered, the readout said 2,500 miles range left. Quite surprised just how much it swallowed to get back to brim full. Also topped up another car, and 30 litres of adblue consumed = £53 from Costco.

Is it bad that I use one (that has been extensively rinsed out) to fill the fresh water tank?
I wouldn't use one due to the highly corrosive nature of Adblue and the risk of traces still remaining in the can.