AdBlu

Doorbundle

Doorbundle

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
For those who use it:
AdBlu £8.99 for 10litres in Aldi.
I've just topped up, so my 10l is in the garage where it will not eat or drink.

We Connect has come up saying i need to refill my AdBlue (in 1200km) but it hasnt come up on my dashboard anywhere? Could anyone advise where that would be?
Also - the manual doesnt seem to tell me how big the AdBlue tank is - where can i find that out? I believe they changed the size between the T6 and T.61? I have MY2020.

thanks

You should be able to cycle through to your adblu page on your van's Multi Function Indicator. When mine last showed 1200miles I put in 10 litres.

We Connect has come up saying i need to refill my AdBlue (in 1200km) but it hasnt come up on my dashboard anywhere? Could anyone advise where that would be?
Also - the manual doesnt seem to tell me how big the AdBlue tank is - where can i find that out? I believe they changed the size between the T6 and T.61? I have MY2020.

thanks

thanks
In the Digital Cockpit use the left/right button to change the view. When you get to the view showing average mpg/mph/etc, use the up/down button to see the AdBlue range. If you need to top up the AdBlue the display will give you the min/max amount (as in the 4th photo)

24086CBB-32B5-4477-A11B-57447F6C4720.jpeg

46E62B7C-8A0F-4DA9-B500-B8A29763C0C8.jpeg

5603949C-1A57-4376-B4F7-FA4BB0D42838.jpeg

F0B32F26-C02B-4BA8-9194-892D18D13D7E.jpeg

In the Digital Cockpit use the left/right button to change the view. When you get to the view showing average mpg/mph/etc, use the up/down button to see the AdBlue range. If you need to top up the AdBlue the display will give you the min/max amount (as in the 4th photo)

View attachment 80566

View attachment 80567

View attachment 80568

View attachment 80569
BTW If you’re confused by the range shown in my photos, photo 4 was taken before topping up, the other photos after topping up :)

Is this Dash Display standard across all T6.1?
On a T6.1 the displayed view in the digital cockpit can be changed. Analogue dials shown on mine but can change to Digital. Information ‘inside’ the dials can be changed - i’ve got traffic signs on the right and ACC on the left.
In the centre lots of options too i.e. you can have SatNav between the dials.
Lots of options/combinations.

On a T6.1 the displayed view in the digital cockpit can be changed. Analogue dials shown on mine but can change to Digital. Information ‘inside’ the dials can be changed - i’ve got traffic signs on the right and ACC on the left.
In the centre lots of options too i.e. you can have SatNav between the dials.
Lots of options/combinations.

Adblue is 99p per litre at my local Texaco… which makes it pretty much the same as buying it from Halfords etc?

We are new to our California so haven’t had to fill up yet. Is there any reason that one option favours another?

Adblue is 99p per litre at my local Texaco… which makes it pretty much the same as buying it from Halfords etc?

We are new to our California so haven’t had to fill up yet. Is there any reason that one option favours another?
No. But the pump is easier,cleaner,quicker,cheaper and no plastic waste afterwardss

No. But the pump is easier,cleaner,quicker,cheaper and no plastic waste afterwardss
That’s good - didn’t want to be missing something as to me that seems to make more sense (the pump option) if the price is the same. Thanks

Adblue is extremely corrosive, if you accidentally spill a little on the bodywork wash it off immediately.

Incidentally for those new to Adblue Pumps you cannot accidentally put into the Diesel tank as there is a magnetic interlock on the Adblue filler nozzle and the tank neck. Also can't fill cans due to this safety device.

Adblue is extremely corrosive, if you accidentally spill a little on the bodywork wash it off immediately.

Incidentally for those new to Adblue Pumps you cannot accidentally put into the Diesel tank as there is a magnetic interlock on the Adblue filler nozzle and the tank neck. Also can't fill cans due to this safety device.
I fill my polyethylene 10L Adblue container from an Adblue pump. One does have to persevere as it does cut out but release and pull the trigger again, and again etc. Takes about 3 mins to fill a 10L container.

I fill my polyethylene 10L Adblue container from an Adblue pump. One does have to persevere as it does cut out but release and pull the trigger again, and again etc. Takes about 3 mins to fill a 10L container.
Must be a faulty pump as it shouldn't release any Adblue.
If someone put it their deisel tank they'd be liable for the damage.

Ok, now we understand the ‘intricacies’ of Adblue and the dash is showing 1200. So off I trot and buy a 10ltr container from Halfords awaiting the display going down to 1000 ( just as many of you on here suggest).
Unfortunately this container doesn’t come with a ‘fixing or funnel’, so what next ?
Do I buy a funnel and if so any suggestions welcome. Or do I buy what I later saw at our local garage 5ltr containers, with attachment/funnel , use one and refill from my 10ltr container, whilst retaining the remaining 5ltr for future use.
Wish Ildseen those first !!!
All advise welcome.

Unless you drive a lot, be careful of storing Adblue at home. In summer life shelf is 6 months.
That’s useful to know and no we don’t do massive miles, had the van two years now and only now in need of the Adblue. Albeit would have been higher if not for the ‘pandemic’.
I guess it’s buy a funnel or attachment…. I’m sure I saw a post somewhere on here that suggested one , but can I find it !!!

Ok, now we understand the ‘intricacies’ of Adblue and the dash is showing 1200. So off I trot and buy a 10ltr container from Halfords awaiting the display going down to 1000 ( just as many of you on here suggest).
Unfortunately this container doesn’t come with a ‘fixing or funnel’, so what next ?
Do I buy a funnel and if so any suggestions welcome. Or do I buy what I later saw at our local garage 5ltr containers, with attachment/funnel , use one and refill from my 10ltr container, whilst retaining the remaining 5ltr for future use.
Wish Ildseen those first !!!
All advise welcome.
Funnel behind the Label?
Was on the ones that i bought some time ago.

Funnel behind the Label?
Was on the ones that i bought some time ago.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, Lol…. Ya beauty, am I glad of this site, that’ll teach me to ‘read the labels’ in future. Just checked in the garage, ripped off the big blue sticky label and heh ho, there it is, a hose attachment !
I am definitely not discussing this ‘assistance’ with my husband as I can hear him now

Unless you drive a lot, be careful of storing Adblue at home. In summer life shelf is 6 months.
I have used Adblue that is well over 18 months old without problem. Keep it in the cool, garage, in the dark. If it has been there a very long time give it a sniff and so long as there is not a strong smell of ammonia there should not be a problem.

Thanks, thanks, thanks, Lol…. Ya beauty, am I glad of this site, that’ll teach me to ‘read the labels’ in future. Just checked in the garage, ripped off the big blue sticky label and heh ho, there it is, a hose attachment !
I am definitely not discussing this ‘assistance’ with my husband as I can hear him now
... and don't throw that attachment away. There are containers that come without the funnel/pipe attachment and the fit and threads are the standard container threads so reusable. :thumb

Maybe a stupid question @Calimili but what’s the ‘shelf life’ once it’s in the van? If a van is not used much, does the AdBlue degrade in the tank? Surely not!?

Maybe a stupid question @Calimili but what’s the ‘shelf life’ once it’s in the van? If a van is not used much, does the AdBlue degrade in the tank? Surely not!?
it could theoretically, that is dependent on temperature as well, and in summer it will be hot in the tank as well. That's why I would advise against storing the Adblue for a year at home and then in a year time fill up the van and it will then stay in the van for another year....
Just buy and fill up as you need, unless you drive a lot and/or need to refill every six months. Storing 10L at home for a year because you find it cheap and you saved 2 quids is not smart.
What are the possible damage if the van uses "expired" Adblue, I don't know to be honest, if it will cause immediate or long term damage. The 2 quids saving doesn't justify the gamble.

I have used Adblue that is well over 18 months old without problem. Keep it in the cool, garage, in the dark. If it has been there a very long time give it a sniff and so long as there is not a strong smell of ammonia there should not be a problem.
In the nicest possible way, where is the evidence that shows this 'shelf life' recommendation?

Back