Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Access to Hydraulic Motor Power Plug - need to remove head liner?

S

simy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I need to access the roof pump connector

oops...

I need to access the roof hydraulic motor power plug to raise the roof in order to replace the faulty hall sensors as described here:

Can anyone tell me if I need to remove the head liner to get to that power plug? Or can it be done through the opening once the display control panel etc are removed?
I have taken the control panel etc out but cannot see the plug yet - not sure if I'm looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I need to access the roof pump connector

oops...

I need to access the roof hydraulic motor power plug to raise the roof in order to replace the faulty hall sensors as described here:

Can anyone tell me if I need to remove the head liner to get to that power plug? Or can it be done through the opening once the display control panel etc are removed?
I have taken the control panel etc out but cannot see the plug yet - not sure if I'm looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I removed the control panel and the glasses holder and
the surrounding frame.
Then you have to remove the polystyrene casing that surrounds
the pump, once thats done you take out the screws that hold the pump
in and then it will fit though the small hole.

Otherwise its a headlining removal job.

Thank you for the replies.

I couldn't see how to remove the black plastic bracket which holds the foam in place after removing the control panel and glasses holder. 2 screws near the front are accessible no problem but I couldn't get to the screws towards the back with the headlining in place, nor to the connector itself.

So I removed the sunvisors which allowed the headlining to drop down enough at the front to get in there but without having to completely remove it.
It was then possible to reach the power connector for the pump.

Simy, did you replace the sensors? Mine arrived today and I’m thinking replacing this weekend. Did you disconnect anything else? I’m being encouraged to disconnect the batteries. My roof goes up fine but people seem to recommend disconnecting batteries before touching sensor wiring.

I replaced 1 of the sensors on each side and everything works well again.

I didn't disconnect the battery but had disconnected the power to the motor and the central control panel was out.

I didn't disconnect the battery but had disconnected the power to the motor and the central control panel was out.
Thanks. V useful. And the reason you wanted to unplug the motor was so as not to electrocute yourself.

I can’t help noticing we are 3 174 T5 SEs. I wonder if it’s a T5 fault or perhaps it’s just the age of our vans.

And any tops on getting this wire out of the way to get at sensor?
988DCE98-D9DF-4929-860D-6AC3F8E815E9.jpeg

Which two did you replace?