Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACC on TSI

Thruxton

Thruxton

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
A question for anyone.... I've put my order in for a 204 TSI Ocean and the configurator doesn't allow you to select ACC, just basic Cruise Control. So the garage have put the order through and are checking with the production team as to whether it's an option at all with the TSI. I have a Golf with a TSI engine and that has ACC, so I see no reason why being a petrol would mean it couldn't be added.

Any views out there?

thanks

Mark

Its an option on tsi models on the German Konfigurator.

Out of interest did you ask about the parking / aux heater? I seem to recall the last brochure said it was not available on the TSI engine.

Its an option on tsi models on the German Konfigurator.

Out of interest did you ask about the parking / aux heater? I seem to recall the last brochure said it was not available on the TSI engine.

Not surprised.
Better known as a Diesel heater.
Used on boats, campervans and trucks for years. All of which are diesel.
Never thought about until, your comment.
Hmm

Yes I hadn't thought about that, I thought they would just run a petrol version. I've just checked the brochure and you are right... but the dealer didn't mention it, you would have thought they would have. Looks like I'm switching to a TDI tomorrow !!! sugar, I wanted Petrol

Yes I hadn't thought about that, I thought they would just run a petrol version. I've just checked the brochure and you are right... but the dealer didn't mention it, you would have thought they would have. Looks like I'm switching to a TDI tomorrow !!! sugar, I wanted Petrol

Worth asking them.
But the dealers in the U.K. aren't the best. I find their California product knowledge very poor.

There were a couple threads about it and it would be a surprise as it seems petrol version are available, and once again it does seem to be an option on the German Konfig.

The problem is i'm not sure anyone has stepped forward to confirm they have ordered the petrol and if it does or doesn't come with one.

I'd suggest you ask the dealer to 100% confirm it does come with a Parking heater before dropping the TSI as it could just be an issue with the brochure.

The configurator is so confusing, the brochure says 'not on TSI' but the configurator shows a parking heater as standard on the TSI. I can't believe they will have created an Ocean TSI without a heater? will call the dealer tomorrow.

I'm still annoyed they don't do the 4 motion TSI... although they do have the transporter with it ;-)... maybe they have just not thought about all the options yet. Maybe I should cancel the order and wait a few months for them to get their act together ;-)

I used to have a Webasto heater on my previous conversion, so they do exist, they are quite rare and everyone I spoke to seemed concerned about the safety with it being petrol and more immflamable than diesel. I never had any problems with it and it was just as effective as the diesel one

OK Dealer confirmed that in the dealer order configurator that the air parking heater with remote control is standard just like the TDI. We will be cold if not ;-)

Reactions: Sad
Hello folks. Im a newbie here, doing by pre-purchasing research, so be gentle :)

Im looking at a Cali TSI and the question on the parkling heater is one I aslo asked my dealer, still wating on a reply so good to hear it does have it.

So whats the view on this car magazine article which suggests the parking heater is electric? Would suggest the fuel type is not an issue one way or another.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...nia-2017-review-camping-at-the-arctic-circle/

Hello folks. Im a newbie here, doing by pre-purchasing research, so be gentle :)

Im looking at a Cali TSI and the question on the parkling heater is one I aslo asked my dealer, still wating on a reply so good to hear it does have it.

So whats the view on this car magazine article which suggests the parking heater is electric? Would suggest the fuel type is not an issue one way or another.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...nia-2017-review-camping-at-the-arctic-circle/
They don't seem too sure what engine they have, mentioning 2 L TDI, not the petrol version, and an ALL electric heating system would flatten the Leisure Batteries overnight.

Hello all, i just got my tsi a few weeks ago with ACC and parking heater on petrol. It has also 4motion, dont they deliver that in the uk ? Regards frank

Hello all, i just got my tsi a few weeks ago with ACC and parking heater on petrol. It has also 4motion, dont they deliver that in the uk ? Regards frank

Frank, yes I've found the heater is on it as an electric heater, ACC is an option, but you can't select it and neither can the dealer !!! Awaiting a response from VWCS on that. 4motion is not an option for us on the TSI over here!!

Strange these differences between countries ! The heater is exactly the same as on my diesel t5 only now on petrol without the smell

There are so many different views on whether it's there or not ;-)... the elusive U.K. Spec

always nice te be treated exclusive .... but i nevered heard about an electric heater. The webasto only uses some electricity to start up. But you made a great choice to order the 204 tsi, it drives amazing ! I love it I waited 6.5 months for it.

Frank, thank you, I was starting to worry ;-) I'm glad you like it

The time i asked if i could order a tsi they said not possible, but the vw camper netherlands did a great job and so i am the first official delivered tsi in the netherlands. I assume you get also the dsg in it ? The engine sounds great, its fast, very smooth, you will forget all the ordering troubles

The time i asked if i could order a tsi they said not possible, but the vw camper netherlands did a great job and so i am the first official delivered tsi in the netherlands. I assume you get also the dsg in it ? The engine sounds great, its fast, very smooth, you will forget all the ordering troubles
That's great, yes I have the DSG, and I have a golf with a petrol 2.0 l and I do love that engine, so whilst it's a gamble spending so much without a test drive, life is about taking gambles and living ... but pleased you have experience with it and love it, that has made my night !

always nice te be treated exclusive .... but i nevered heard about an electric heater. The webasto only uses some electricity to start up. But you made a great choice to order the 204 tsi, it drives amazing ! I love it I waited 6.5 months for it.
lt will be interesting see what fuel consumption you get i would gess about 22mpg to 25mpg

always nice te be treated exclusive .... but i nevered heard about an electric heater. The webasto only uses some electricity to start up. But you made a great choice to order the 204 tsi, it drives amazing ! I love it I waited 6.5 months for it
Or 12 litres per 100 kilometres.

Last edited:
lt will be interesting see what fuel consumption you get i would gess about 22mpg to 25mpg

Back