Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACC diagnosis

I am pleased to report that the problem is solved . The problem was not with the California but with the bike rack which I use quite often. Unbeknown to me, both brake lights were not functioning on the bike rack which the system detected and disabled front assist and ACC for safety reasons. All the other lights were checked often and were operating as they should. I am afraid I did not connect the the intermittent fault to when I used the bike rack. As the error was “outside” the core vehicle then it follows that no codes could be found other than the wide ranging codes the AA/VW roadside team found. This issue was very frustrating (both to me and the VW dealers) and I post this in the hope that someone who has the same or similar symptoms can check their trailer or bike rack brake lights!
Tom, thank you for the update. Always a learning point when people come back and update on the root cause. Yeah, with interconnected systems, troubleshooting can take time, but with logical steps, good progress can be made. :thumb Glad that it is sorted.

Back