Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to order a Coast - would love some help!

I ordered the Coast with out any options (other than colour).

I initially regretted the plastic floor ,but put down Dunelm floor mats and am now happy with it.

Next time around I'd ordered the basic model too. In my view, it's been designed for camping and it 'works' as is.

Didnt like the carpet in my previous 6.1 so got the woodfloor in my LHD Coast, extra window but no flyscreen came too. No spare so fitted one. Ordered climatronic, park heater (no remote) but kept the rest to a minimum, rear camera, F+R parking, bigger fuel tank, tinted acoustic glass. Regret not getting LED headlights, mine terrible but the rest of the options 100% happy.

3F3D030A-DB7E-4FC2-86A1-A89CBD1BC2DD.jpeg

Didnt like the carpet in my previous 6.1 so got the woodfloor in my LHD Coast, extra window but no flyscreen came too. No spare so fitted one. Ordered climatronic, park heater (no remote) but kept the rest to a minimum, rear camera, F+R parking, bigger fuel tank, tinted acoustic glass. Regret not getting LED headlights, mine terrible but the rest of the options 100% happy.

View attachment 86776

Very nice.

Apparently this floor is now standard on MY22, or at least in the UK

I should’ve specced the floor, I know how bad the standard one is to get clean, and my van is always full of muddy gear. Definitely going to regret not having it - wonder if it might somehow creep into the spec (ordered MY21 but it’s rolled into MY22…)

I should’ve specced the floor, I know how bad the standard one is to get clean, and my van is always full of muddy gear. Definitely going to regret not having it - wonder if it might somehow creep into the spec (ordered MY21 but it’s rolled into MY22…)

Carpet?

Get a rug. Cheaper than the wooden floor and is easy to shake outside.
We got a couple of marvel mats from dunelm and cut them to fit and also so I can lift 1 up and place ontop of the other when you use the bottom bed.
They are waterproof and machine washable. So any spils don't go down the tracks.

20210819_180405.jpg

20210819_180302.jpg

Very nice.

Apparently this floor is now standard on MY22, or at least in the UK

It's a different floor that's now standard (replacing the previous plastic knobbly type), looks to be a kind of plain beige colour in the configurator pics. Described as "Reinforced pastic (sic) floor covering in wood look" when you print out your full spec.

"Wooden floor with plastic lining" is still available as an option and the configurator pics show what's in the photo's above.

It's a different floor that's now standard (replacing the previous plastic knobbly type), looks to be a kind of plain beige colour in the configurator pics. Described as "Reinforced pastic (sic) floor covering in wood look" when you print out your full spec.

"Wooden floor with plastic lining" is still available as an option and the configurator pics show what's in the photo's above.
and just to add that the "wooden floor with plastic lining option " is actually a ply wood floor with the yacht look vinyl over the top. I think it adds 5kg if I remember correctly? But we get loads of positive comments about it and we think it compliments the units perfectly. I'd definitely order it again if ordering today.

Get a rug. Cheaper than the wooden floor and is easy to shake outside.
We got a couple of marvel mats from dunelm and cut them to fit and also so I can lift 1 up and place ontop of the other when you use the bottom bed.
They are waterproof and machine washable. So any spils don't go down the tracks.

View attachment 86802

View attachment 86803
that looks really good. Do you remember the base measurements of the mats you bought?

I don’t understand why people wouldn’t just buy the made to fit carpets? You can get a good set for around £100

that looks really good. Do you remember the base measurements of the mats you bought?
They were 2 runners but the wide ones. They do 2 widths.
I pushed the seats forward to where it goes to make the bed and put tape where the seat was. Then pushed it right back to where we normally have it.
Fitted the left carpet, trimming slightly the side that goes under the seat and the top round the cupboard.
Then put another rug the other side and trimmed round the rest of the cupboard and the front seats.
It cuts easily with scissors and a Stanley knife.
There was plenty left over so made doorstep mats too. Still some left so can easily replace bits if needed.

It's rubber backed so doesn't frey.
At 1st there's a few bits of fluff that come off but I've washed them twice now in the machine and they've come up like new.

I prefer these to the vw ones as there's lots of different designs and colours, they're rubber backed so no liquid or dirt goes into the runners and they make it individual.

They were 2 runners but the wide ones. They do 2 widths.
I pushed the seats forward to where it goes to make the bed and put tape where the seat was. Then pushed it right back to where we normally have it.
Fitted the left carpet, trimming slightly the side that goes under the seat and the top round the cupboard.
Then put another rug the other side and trimmed round the rest of the cupboard and the front seats.
It cuts easily with scissors and a Stanley knife.
There was plenty left over so made doorstep mats too. Still some left so can easily replace bits if needed.

It's rubber backed so doesn't frey.
At 1st there's a few bits of fluff that come off but I've washed them twice now in the machine and they've come up like new.

I prefer these to the vw ones as there's lots of different designs and colours, they're rubber backed so no liquid or dirt goes into the runners and they make it individual.
thanks, appreciate the detailed info! Our van is months off yet so I can’t measure up yet, but it seems like it’ll do the job.
I do a lot of mountain running/walking/biking, I’m fairly careful with the current van (pump up plant sprayer gets the worst of the mud off) but it still ends up an absolute mess. Plus in summer a lot of sites we stay on are sandy XD

Thanks again!

Back