Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A pillar (with blind) trim removal T6.1

Abx

Abx

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi all

Am picking my Cali up tomorrow and one of the first jobs is to fit my dashcam, did the same on my 5.1 conversion but just wondering if the trim on the Cali is any different to remove as it has the blind built in, I think there is also a grab handle that will need to be removed first.

Thanks

Hi all

Am picking my Cali up tomorrow and one of the first jobs is to fit my dashcam, did the same on my 5.1 conversion but just wondering if the trim on the Cali is any different to remove as it has the blind built in, I think there is also a grab handle that will need to be removed first.

Thanks

What I did was remove the grab handle (and snapped it, so be careful, replaced easy enough though) which allowed me the give to create a gap to feed the wire down into the fuse box under the steering wheel. You need to take the side trim off as well just above the fuse box. You can then feed the wire down the side of the trim without needing to fully remove it.

The front wire was easy enough. I still have nightmares about the back wire...

The handle is a two piece arrangement, the outer insert part of the handle pops out to expose the fixing screws that attach it to the APillar .

careful with the handle insert, they have a tendency to split when forced out, take it slow with a trim tool of wide thin blade such as paint scraper etc.

the trim simply the. Pulls way from the APillar with the blinds intact (retained in the trim)

Last edited:
You don’t need to take any panels off. I did mine by gentle pushing the cables behind the headliner and plastic panels with a plastic tool. Very easy job.