Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A Kiwi in Denmark: VW Cali 2007 - a long term dream come true

Anyone know good VW autocamper dealer/forhandler here in Denmark, preferably på Sjælland?

• Name and Location

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Olly

Olly

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi All

Firstly, I really want to thank all those who contribute to this forum - before buying our camper I read article after article until my eyes bled! Amazing how much info one can consume when investing 270,000kr in a dream (Denmark!). Now we have our beauty home - "2007 T5, manual 6 spd, 1 previous owner, 220,000km on the clock, used, but pretty well looked after. Always a bit of a plunge into the unknown when buying used, especially when one only has about 30 minutes to look the vehicle over after driving half the breadth of the country! But have had my eyes on market for over a year .... I love the deep blue colour.

Already I have used forum to change control panel language to English from German. Wonder if I can also change language on the dashboard?

Have read a bunch around the night heater as ours starts with the remote but only continues for about 5 minutes before shutting down without producing any heat - will recharge batteries with 230v hook up (when the previous owners sends the stick contact through). If that doesn't help I see that folks have changed the Earth Shunt - and in some instances had this done by VW dealer - i tried to download Martins "Earth Shunt Repair Guide" but for some reason the download is reported as "Not Available"??

Have already washed camper from top to toe. Next a good waxing, then onto the interior. I am self confessed eccentric (proud of it too) when it comes to machines and getting used stuff into tip top condition - learning to lighten up with two kids onboard - so will keep reading and hopefully able to throw a few useful tips in myself along the way.

Anyone know good VW autocamper dealer/forhandler here in Denmark, preferably på Sjælland?

Once again cheers - Shaun

Hi Shaun. I suspect the download problem is related to a need to upgrade your membership to VIP level

Hi All

Firstly, I really want to thank all those who contribute to this forum - before buying our camper I read article after article until my eyes bled! Amazing how much info one can consume when investing 270,000kr in a dream (Denmark!). Now we have our beauty home - "2007 T5, manual 6 spd, 1 previous owner, 220,000km on the clock, used, but pretty well looked after. Always a bit of a plunge into the unknown when buying used, especially when one only has about 30 minutes to look the vehicle over after driving half the breadth of the country! But have had my eyes on market for over a year .... I love the deep blue colour.

Already I have used forum to change control panel language to English from German. Wonder if I can also change language on the dashboard?

Have read a bunch around the night heater as ours starts with the remote but only continues for about 5 minutes before shutting down without producing any heat - will recharge batteries with 230v hook up (when the previous owners sends the stick contact through). If that doesn't help I see that folks have changed the Earth Shunt - and in some instances had this done by VW dealer - i tried to download Martins "Earth Shunt Repair Guide" but for some reason the download is reported as "Not Available"??

Have already washed camper from top to toe. Next a good waxing, then onto the interior. I am self confessed eccentric (proud of it too) when it comes to machines and getting used stuff into tip top condition - learning to lighten up with two kids onboard - so will keep reading and hopefully able to throw a few useful tips in myself along the way.

Once again cheers - Shaun

Welcome and congrats with your new home ;-)

Not many VW dealerships can handle California in DK. I have used VW Hillerød and VW Gladsaxe. They both seemed OK after a great deal of trouble in the beginning. Especially VW Gladsaxe made me really waste a lot of time. But They have pulled themselves together and things seems good so far. At least the have showed the will to correct and make things better.

I have started a FB group for Cali-owners in DK. If you care, you are welcome to join. Its in the making, we are only 4 so far ;-) (https://www.facebook.com/groups/630887873747748/?fref=ts).

Great stuff , welcome from Belgium!

Try and test your battery's individual , if they are stil the original ones they are well over thiere best and you better change them. This could also be why your heater does not run propperly.
Anyway , seems you been reading a lot on the forum so you will find many answers here .

Hi Shaun. I suspect the download problem is related to a need to upgrade your membership to VIP level
ok thanks, that explanation could make sense, although didn't notice that one should be a VIP in the download centre ... bu 13 pounds seems a good investment ..