Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A cool question for Beach owners?

It does look quite good but wow you are right on the price. Maybe I will stick with bungees :D If it was £100 I may be tempted, but thats just a little too steep for me.

Then again the cali floor fasteners arent cheap on their own.

Runs off mains too, pretty handy for hookup use at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have this set- up for sale shortly. Webasto fridge 12 months old and full sliding rack.
Fridge is excellent.
Only selling because I’m thinking about going down the Ocean route

247E2929-478A-4026-B93E-26FB0F3502DC.jpeg

I might be interested in the fridge

We have a CFX35. All I use to secure it down is a very inexpensive 5m long x 25mm wide ratchet strap which I think was purchased from Halfords. I pass this strap through the two chrome hold down D eyelets at the front end of the outer floor rails, from O/S to N/S, so that the strap is lying flat on the floor between them. Have the buckle located immediately outside of the D eyelet on the O/S of the vehicle so it is easy to get at for tightning. Make sure it and the strap are the right way up for tightening. Then route the free end of the strap up from the N/S D eyelet over and through the N/S carrying handle and down back through the N/S D eyelet and under the fridge and through the O/S D eyelet then up through and over the handle and down through the rachet mechanism. Then adjust by hand until correctly positioned and hand tight. Then just tighten using the ratchet. Don't over tighten or you might break something.

This system enables you to open the fridge lid without having to undo the strap first. Also, if you pass the strap over the top of the unit and tighten down you can start to distort the unit if it's over tightened. A srap in this position would also get in the way of the LED display.

Last edited:
I might be interested in the fridge

Vale.
Will let you know in the next week.
Possibly get an Ocean sorted within the next week.

Yes Larry.
Going to try the Ocean. Chasing a couple at the moment. Two in the running. One nearly new and another 12 months old. Saving £10k if I buy the older van.
Neither are my perfect spec, but that’s what happens when you want to save some £££

I could be interested in the slide out rack.

Sure Borris.
I have put down a deposit on an Ocean. Once it’s all sorted I can let you know :thumb

Continuing on the perennial fridge theme....

I am contemplating buying a full boot slide out tray to accommodate a ( yet to be purchased) CF35 or CFX 35 but reviewing an old thread I see that there was mention some time ago of a fridge slider by Engel. Does anyone have any experience of this or anything similar?

Thanks Bigted,
After looking at both the CFX 28 and 35 models we have decided to plump for the CFX35 but only because we sometimes have big family gatherings, picnics etc and that extra capacity will come in useful. It is obviously bigger externally but not by that much. Having listened to everyones advice and read the reviews, I have just purchased one online.
Your tips on the power setting and how to secure it down are very useful. For most of our trips away it is just the two of us so it will probably sit behind the passenger seat although I do plan to get one of those pull out trays for the boot area, so it may sit in there instead.
:thanks
From whom did you buy and price?

From whom did you buy and price?
I affraid I can't help you because after looking at different suppliers I eventually spotted a nearly new one on Ebay. It had only been used a couple of times. There was nothing wrong with it and it was still boxed. Unfortunately the previous owner had died suddenly. I can't remember what I paid for it but I do know that it represented a considerable saving.

Brilliant fridge/freezer and worth every penny.

After two years of sporadic use our CFX28 no longer can keep cool. I had to use the emergency button to get it started. After a few hours it worked in normal mode again.
Time to exercise our EU consumer law since warranty is only one year on this €750 coolbox.

Back