Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A cool question for Beach owners?

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I can only chime in on the same observations with our CXF-28. Its big enough for is four in the family. We have also used ours to freeze meet when we get larger deliverys.
When summer camping it is located on its slide out in the back. In winter camping i have it strapped down behind drivers seat ( left side).

M

Matty

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
cheers Borris & Kave, great reply with all the info I was after. Looking at the external sizes there's not much difference between the 35 & 28. Need to do some measuring up when i get home.

R

rackind

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
20161220_151856.jpg
Quick release plate for CFX28 fits well on top of the multiflex. .even when "flexed" (folded) ..... allows kids access when on the move!

Blueeyedboy

Blueeyedboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
If any of your beach owners are interested I have a brand new waeco cfx40 thinking of selling.
Just a thought.

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can I ask please what the Quick Release Plate is? Does / can it use the rails or is some degree of user adaptation required ?

Thanks
The plate is screwed to the black piece of wood which is then mounted to the rails, you can see the T bolts (available from VW) going through to the rails.

TrevorH

TrevorH

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
The plate is screwed to the black piece of wood which is then mounted to the rails, you can see the T bolts (available from VW) going through to the rails.

Cheers

I'm no handyman so would need to have fabricated and the picture will assist .I assume from what you say that it is pretty straightforward .

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150

I have a strap going all the way around the bottom of the front passenger chair, through both handles of the fridge, then around the fridge. Cheap, easy and also quick release.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
It does look quite good but wow you are right on the price. Maybe I will stick with bungees :D If it was £100 I may be tempted, but thats just a little too steep for me.

Then again the cali floor fasteners arent cheap on their own.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Runs off mains too, pretty handy for hookup use at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I might have this set- up for sale shortly. Webasto fridge 12 months old and full sliding rack.
Fridge is excellent.
Only selling because I’m thinking about going down the Ocean route

247E2929-478A-4026-B93E-26FB0F3502DC.jpeg

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I might be interested in the fridge

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We have a CFX35. All I use to secure it down is a very inexpensive 5m long x 25mm wide ratchet strap which I think was purchased from Halfords. I pass this strap through the two chrome hold down D eyelets at the front end of the outer floor rails, from O/S to N/S, so that the strap is lying flat on the floor between them. Have the buckle located immediately outside of the D eyelet on the O/S of the vehicle so it is easy to get at for tightning. Make sure it and the strap are the right way up for tightening. Then route the free end of the strap up from the N/S D eyelet over and through the N/S carrying handle and down back through the N/S D eyelet and under the fridge and through the O/S D eyelet then up through and over the handle and down through the rachet mechanism. Then adjust by hand until correctly positioned and hand tight. Then just tighten using the ratchet. Don't over tighten or you might break something.

This system enables you to open the fridge lid without having to undo the strap first. Also, if you pass the strap over the top of the unit and tighten down you can start to distort the unit if it's over tightened. A srap in this position would also get in the way of the LED display.

Last edited: