Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A big thank you

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
To the whole system that helped me out this morning.

IMG_1024_Fotor.jpg

A couple of miles after taking this picture I had to avoid some wandering livestock.

My nearside went onto the road shoulder, hit something sharp and solid and two shredded tyres was the result.

Middle of nowhere, narrow, tortuous steep road, no mobile signal.

I had to walk about a mile to get a signal. VW Assist were brilliant. They repeatedly rang me back as my signal repeatedly broke down. I finally found a better spot. They contacted Ullapool motors who finally worked out my location. They could not get a recovery vehicle to me directly, the road being too narrow, steep and winding, but they got to me a long way round.

Whilst chugging towards me VW assist / AA constantly phoned me back checking on me, keeping me updated.

Ullapool motors worked miracles finding a replacement pair of winter tyres and having them driven over from Inverness.

Jim with his truck arrived, realised what Albert meant to me and was so careful getting it on the trailer.

Finally back in Ullapool the tyres were there ready and waiting and within an hour of arriving back I was mobile again.

All this, in the wilds of the far North West of Scotland. Al with a smile, courtesy, care.

THANK YOU.

Very satisfied, and very very happy with the vehicle.

In my distress, sorrow and heartache it still put a smile on my face :D

I ment to say the picture looks great
Also looks like your really working Albert

Alan

I ment to say the picture looks great
Also looks like your really working Albert

Alan

I love the Cali, used hard it just seems to get better and better. I've gone from scepticism to love to admiration to being joined at the hip.

Glad things came to a good end , enjoy the rest of your trip!

I'm so pleased to hear that you and Albert are back on the road together, Jen; reshod and ready to recommence the ongoing adventure. It sounds like a potentially disastrous situation (one which must have been very distressing nonetheless) was avoided by VW assist and the AA pulling out all the stops. It's great to hear such a positive experience of a quick and efficient recovery - very reassuring!

Thanks for sharing and keep the photos coming!
Maud

Oh how awful. I do worry when we are in the wilds of France, especially as when I had to contact VW Assist France last year it took days to hear back from them!

So pleased he is back on the road.
Zebedee

A couple of miles after taking this picture I had to avoid some wandering livestock.
You should really stay inside the van instead of running behind it taking pictures!

Glad you are all sorted :thumb

View attachment 6782

My nearside went onto the road shoulder, hit something sharp and solid and two shredded tyres was the result.

I had to walk about a mile to get a signal. VW Assist were brilliant. They repeatedly rang me back as my signal repeatedly broke down. I finally found a better spot. They contacted Ullapool motors who finally worked out my location. They could not get a recovery vehicle to me directly, the road being too narrow, steep and winding, but they got to me a long way round.

Whilst chugging towards me VW assist / AA constantly phoned me back checking on me, keeping me updated.

Ullapool motors worked miracles finding a replacement pair of winter tyres and having them driven over from Inverness.

Jim with his truck arrived, realised what Albert meant to me and was so careful getting it on the trailer.

Finally back in Ullapool the tyres were there ready and waiting and within an hour of arriving back I was mobile again.

All this, in the wilds of the far North West of Scotland. Al with a smile, courtesy, care.

THANK YOU.
Delighted for you and you are very brave! Enjoy

View attachment 6782

THANK YOU.

View attachment 6782

THANK YOU.
There's a lot of nourishment in a flattened McSheep roasted over a bed of flaming shredded Goodyears. Next time let Albert take charge, lol ... Guess this is what adventures are all about, glad your OK .. keep the sit reps coming Jen.

Rob H

Back