Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

907 gas is France

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I seem to remember that you can buy 907 canisters in France, is it a simple case of just swapping the one we bring form the UK when it runs out with one in supermarket or is it more complicated that that. Also is it in the supermarkets out of season in Oct

In addition going on the euro tunnel, is it best to just take the bottle out of the locker for them to do the checks or do they want to see inside the locker, we have bikes on the back so ideally would rather they did not have to look in the locker

Supermarket exchange. Was 20 Euros last month in SuperU.
Have seen them all year but can vary if Xmas goods take up space.

I seem to remember that you can buy 907 canisters in France, is it a simple case of just swapping the one we bring form the UK when it runs out with one in supermarket or is it more complicated that that. Also is it in the supermarkets out of season in Oct

In addition going on the euro tunnel, is it best to just take the bottle out of the locker for them to do the checks or do they want to see inside the locker, we have bikes on the back so ideally would rather they did not have to look in the locker
As above.
Just take a photo on your phone of bottle in gas locker, turned off or disconnected.
Having the bottle outside doesn't prove you haven't got one connected in the locker.

Yes take your U.K. purchased bottle and exchange it for a French bottle they are exactly the same.
Camping Gaz is readily available in France.

Most eLeclerc supermarkets have them on the shelves in the camping /garden aisle. I exchanged one the other day in Bourg en Bresse but you now have to take your empty one and the full one to customer services to pay. Nobody asked either way on the tunnel.

I have been asked to show gas on tunnel and various ferries. So worth making it easy to access. Seems to depend upon the individual security person. The one on the Shetland ferry let me off when I explained about how hard it would be to get (bikes on rack etc) but the eurtunnel person insisted. But I had the gas more accessible so was ok

Ps being in a Beach I have no gas locker so the cylinder can go anywhere.

Replaced one last week in Vitry le Francois
€20 ish from memory but I needed to ask for it as they werent on display as usual
Touch wood Ive never been asked by eurotunnel to check the gas.
In addition going on the euro tunnel, is it best to just take the bottle out of the locker for them to do the checks or do they want to see inside the locker, we have bikes on the back so ideally would rather they did not have to look in the locke

Never had a problem on the tunnel, they just asked if it was turned on off
It’s a joke. All I’ve ever done, on the odd occasion I’m asked, is open the kitchen cupboard door and point to the isolation valve under the hob. Absolutely nothing to do with the valve at the bottle. :rolleyes:

Replaced one last week in Vitry le Francois
€20 ish from memory but I needed to ask for it as they werent on display as usual
Touch wood Ive never been asked by eurotunnel to check the gas.
Can you bring some back, as they costs around £40 here now for refill (con!):headbang

Just back from a few weeks in ‘la belle France’ and 907 bottles stocked in all main supermarkets. An exchange or ‘recharge’ of empty for full one is about 25€, a lot cheaper than in the UK.
Seldom used the Chunnel but frequently asked before boarding ferries if gas is switched off. An affirmative answer has always sufficed.

Just back from France last week in our California - used tunnel both ways - on way out they just asked to make sure any lpg bottle turned off, on way back into UK not even asked - no inspection of bottles (we had a spare) was requested or made

Enjoy your trip

Bottle on the shelf in Intermarche just like it was a bag of potatoes. When it goes through at the checkout with all your shopping just whip out the empty and give to the checkout person. Simple as that.

Re 907 canisters, straight swop ,no problem.
euro tunnel, I have never had problems with installed equipment going through customs.

Bottle on the shelf in Intermarche just like it was a bag of potatoes. When it goes through at the checkout with all your shopping just whip out the empty and give to the checkout person. Simple as that.
Don’t forget you always need to have the screw in carry handle fitted otherwise they won’t swop it.

If you’re like me and go into the supermarche for a gas bottle and come out with a ton of shopping, 907 Campingaz is also in Leroy Merlín. You’ll probably do less impulse buying in a DIY store!

Back