7 seat Beach bed

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Converting my Beach from 5 seat camping mode to 7 seat MPV mode, I decided to play around with the options for making the lower bed with all five rear seats. For size reference, the mattress photographed is 150 x 200 cm.

Remove all five headrests

#1 short bed: shortened multiflex, bench seat in table mode.
IMG_2631.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

#2 Medium bed: extended multiflex, bench seat in table mode
IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

#3 Long bed: shortened multiflex, bench seat in bed mode
IMG_2638.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

There are, of course, other ways to make the bed. You could make an ultra long bed by removing part of the floor rails to push the single seats further forward, and then make the #3 bed but with an extended multiflex. Useful for giants.

Or you could leave out the multiflex altogether and make the bed with the bench in bed mode pushed fully back and the two single seats. I think this would make a useful size bed with plenty of cabin space.

Converting my Beach from 5 seat camping mode to 7 seat MPV mode, I decided to play around with the options for making the lower bed with all five rear seats. For size reference, the mattress photographed is 150 x 200 cm.

Remove all five headrests

#1 short bed: shortened multiflex, bench seat in table mode.
View attachment 45758

View attachment 45759

View attachment 45760

#2 Medium bed: extended multiflex, bench seat in table mode
View attachment 45763

View attachment 45761

View attachment 45762

#3 Long bed: shortened multiflex, bench seat in bed mode
View attachment 45765

View attachment 45766

View attachment 45767

There are, of course, other ways to make the bed. You could make an ultra long bed by removing part of the floor rails to push the single seats further forward, and then make the #3 bed but with an extended multiflex. Useful for giants.

Or you could leave out the multiflex altogether and make the bed with the bench in bed mode pushed fully back and the two single seats. I think this would make a useful size bed with plenty of cabin space.
In the short and medium beds, you can install the headrests on the two captain's chairs backwards, to help support the mattress without losing floor space.
Edit: You can also do this taking the larger headrests from the first row, which are interchangeable and support the mattress better.

Last edited:
In the short and medium beds, you can install the headrests on the two captain's chairs backwards, to help support the mattress without losing floor space.
Edit: You can also do this taking the larger headrests from the first row, which are interchangeable and support the mattress better.
I do this when in fully loaded stop over mode.

Bench seat & Multiflex right forward.
Boot fully loaded with everthing including 2no 16” girls bikes and my sons full size mountain bike.

Fold bench seat backrest forward. Reverse headrests. Fold out mattress over MFB and seat back with headrests supporting end and sleep diagonally with one child. Missus, son and other daughter upstairs. Everytime I’ve done this I’ve had a great nights sleep.

I do this when in fully loaded stop over mode.

Bench seat & Multiflex right forward.
Boot fully loaded with everthing including 2no 16” girls bikes and my sons full size mountain bike.

Fold bench seat backrest forward. Reverse headrests. Fold out mattress over MFB and seat back with headrests supporting end and sleep diagonally with one child. Missus, son and other daughter upstairs. Everytime I’ve done this I’ve had a great nights sleep.
Very interesting variation, good for keeping bikes inside. However, this thread is about making the bed with 7 seats in, so just to clarify, you do this configuration with the two second row chairs out?

Very interesting variation, good for keeping bikes inside. However, this thread is about making the bed with 7 seats in, so just to clarify, you do this configuration with the two second row chairs out?
Yes. Sorry.

I had the opportunity this morning to explore the Beach Bed option with no multiflex.

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

The bed would be about 176cm long. There would be a gap of about 10cm between the tailgate and the end of the bed that would swallow pillows. If that gap could somehow be plugged you'd have a 186cm bed. I didn't try it with a mattress on top, but it looked like the bed would be particularly uneven, especially at the single seat end. This wouldn't matter too much if your feet were at that end.

Couldn’t you leave the headrests in place and they would plug the majority of the gap?

Couldn’t you leave the headrests in place and they would plug the majority of the gap?

Now why didn’t I think of that! It would give a brilliant bed of ~2 metres. And if the comfort mattress zips up nicely it could be made nearly flat.

Next time I have an opportunity I’ll try it out.

Back