Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 mud flaps

Claremacrob

Claremacrob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi all,

I'm regretting forgetting to add mud flaps on our new 6.1 Ocean... has anyone retrofitted? It looks easy enough, but I'd be grateful for any recommendations about the best ones to go for. (I've read various older posts but have the impression that 6.1 might be different from previous models... I might be wrong?)

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I didnt realise there was a difference between factory fit or dealer fit when I ordered.
The factory fit rears are secured from inside the bumper and are neater job than the dealer fit rears which are screwed through the bumper and look awful to me.

I might just fit aftermarket one if i can find some decent ones.

I'm in the same boat. I didnt realise there was a difference between factory fit or dealer fit when I ordered.
The factory fit rears are secured from inside the bumper and are neater job than the dealer fit rears which are screwed through the bumper and look awful to me.

I might just fit aftermarket one if i can find some decent ones.
I Read a previous post about some "stubbys" that are not screwed apparently.

I have a set of these shorty (stubbies) to fit when I get the van next week. Will post a picture once fitted . Note there is a minor removal of plastic needed on the fronts to make T6.1 compatible.

Hi @This Eva. I’ve just ordered a set of these. Did you find them easy to fit? Thanks

Hi yes very easy I had bought the correct socket driver as rear had little room to get Into the two screws. Front turned wheels to get easy access to single screw at front 20 mins for all good luck

Question, if I may. I appreciate that these are really aimed at lowered vans. Has any one fitted the "shorty's" to a van at standard ride height? Any pics? Thanks

Hi yes very easy I had bought the correct socket driver as rear had little room to get Into the two screws. Front turned wheels to get easy access to single screw at front 20 mins for all good luck
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Did you have to trim them to fit the T6.1? thanks

8C467E47-61DF-4546-B3D7-76BA70DD392C.jpeg
eBay - cheap as chips.
Easy to fit.
Do the job

Thanks, ordered a set. Better than nowt!

I didnt add mud flaps to my original order - should I get these fitted by dealer upon arrival do you think?

I didnt add mud flaps to my original order - should I get these fitted by dealer upon arrival do you think?
I suspect they will only fit genuine VW accessories, which the Ebay ones are unlikely to be. Worth a though.

As I understand it for the dealer to fit VW mudflaps they have to drill holes in your rear bumper so your stuck with them then.
When their done at the factory build stage the fixings are inside the bumper and can’t be seen.
That’s why people fit eBay ones although their not as long.

Aftermarket mud flaps on my T6. No drilling required, uses existing screw holes in wheel arch lining. Van not lowered.

Attachments

• IMG_20210118_130911_579.jpg
    IMG_20210118_130911_579.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20210118_130917_155.jpg
    IMG_20210118_130917_155.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210118_130846_345.jpg
    IMG_20210118_130846_345.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20210118_130853_209.jpg
    IMG_20210118_130853_209.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 82
@Wildcamper, have you got a web link you could share for the mudflaps you've fitted please?
Here you go:

VW T6 & T6.1 Mud flaps 15 onwards (Tailgate models) perfect fit easy to install

or

And my link to fitting them. No drilling to fit but some fettling required for a Cali.

@Wildcamper, have you got a web link you could share for the mudflaps you've fitted please?
Can't recall which business I purchased them from. It was one of the eBay sellers of the short ones that afix to the fastenings that hold the wheel arch liners in place, so no drilling. Might have been the Travelin-Lite ones but I paid about £25.

Back