Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Dash staying on when charging starter battery

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've got a 6.1 that exhibits these issues when (solar) charging the starter battery.

1) Dash stays illuminated
2) Drivers door now beeps when opened.

Any ideas ? I've not encountered this before. It's the digital cockpit - is this an option?

R

Ahh scratch that - it does go out eventually. Inherited a new beep when the starter battery is charging and you open the drivers door - perhaps its to remind you to unplug?!

Ahh scratch that - it does go out eventually. Inherited a new beep when the starter battery is charging and you open the drivers door - perhaps its to remind you to unplug?!
On hook up my T6.1 Beach beeps when I open drivers door. I guess it’s a new safety feature to stop people inadvertently driving off whilst on hook up.

On hook up my T6.1 Beach beeps when I open drivers door. I guess it’s a new safety feature to stop people inadvertently driving off whilst on hook up.
Don't think that's new, have that on my T5. 1

On our 6.1 you get a (very annoying) beeping when the ignition is on and you then open any door, or the tailgate, which is not already open.

Sorry, when you switch the ignition on, on hookup.
I don’t recall it on the T6... could be I didn’t ever have ignition on with hook up... but it really gave me a surprise on the T6.1...

On the T6.1 you get a new sounds like a phone ringing if you start the engine when plugged in on hookup.

Had it this evening, couldn't work out what the noise was, checked all doors shut & checked both our phones. Then looked up to see on the overhead display words to the effect of " you are a plonker, you are still plugged into the mains"

At that point I had to pretend I was just testing the Mrs to see if she would have driven off with the gong still going......

On the T6.1 you get a new sounds like a phone ringing if you start the engine when plugged in on hookup.

Had it this evening, couldn't work out what the noise was, checked all doors shut & checked both our phones. Then looked up to see on the overhead display words to the effect of " you are a plonker, you are still plugged into the mains"

At that point I had to pretend I was just testing the Mrs to see if she would have driven off with the gong still going......
Thanks - that’s why I didn’t think I had heard it before. Yes, the sound is very distinct!

Back