Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th Seat

dannosail

dannosail

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I've got an 06 Cali with 2 rail system for the rear bench. Presume I cannot fit a 5th seat as this needs the 3 rail system? If so, may have to stop at the second d child!

I wouldn't fit go to the trouble of fitting rails, unless you desperately need the 5th seat. The fatal flaw for me is that you can't fold the bed down unless you take the 5th seat out. If you don't have an awning then what exactly are you supposed to do with it? Unusually poor design in such a well thought-out vehicle.

Simon

Sorry, I disagree about the poor design comment. The California SE is a 4 seater vehicle. Insurance treat it as a 4 seater. If you fit a 5th seat it alters the design parameters, also the gross vehicle weight etc; . The California Beach is designed for a different purpose/market.

Sorry, but the 5th seat is a VW factory option, not an aftermarket accessory. The fact it is called a 5th seat, not a temporary extra seat, makes its purpose pretty clear. I know several families who use theirs regularly.

There are so many lovely little design features, that this leaden lump of a seat sticks out like a sore thumb. If a 15k Ford can have clever fold away seats, then it should not be too much of a challenge in a 45k VW.

Simon

I thought the front seat folds down and becomes part of a 'long' bed.

Problem solved then. Buy a Ford.