Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th seat

B

badgergravy

Hi, I'm about to buy a new California SE but they want nearly £2000 to fit a 5th seat. Does anyone know what I should do? Is it easy to buy the seat (I've seen them for £750) and then fit it after I've bought it?

Does it already have the 3rd rail? About £2k is roughly what the seat costs as a new part from what I understand, am sure someone has already posted the cost on here before. Assuming you have the 3rd rail fitting it is only a few minutes work. It cannot be fitted without the 3rd rail though. That's why it's actually pretty good value to option it from new, it's only £350.

If the van is brand new and already has the 3rd rail then it would have been supplied from the factory with a seat and so should be sold with the van.

There is a 5th seat for sale in the classifieds here.

Morning

I think the 5th seat is a must have option, even if you are not going to use it, it's very handy come re-sale time. I know a company that can retro fit the 5th Seat -Vanworx in Portland.

All of our California's have 5th seats, and we sell them every 12 months or so, if you want to buy one with the seat fitted :thumb