Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th seat Help

Dan sparks

Dan sparks

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all I just bought my first cali,a 2011 and thought it would be useful to have a fith seat so after buying one on ebay I came to realise that I have not got a third floor runner to accept the seat , mine only having two runners ,I'm guessing the third runner was an optional extra,can anyone help me source the missing third runner,I'm also guess it will be a fairly straight forward job to fit, any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated

Maybe try Oxford T5 online, he maybe able to help.

92EBB985-9156-4BE6-A9CA-262DAC344CAB.jpeg

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if it is possible to install the 3rd runner afterwards. I can't remember that I have read this somewhere.

Please keep us informed if there is a solution.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Depends on how much cash and time you have to spare?

Cutting the floor for the rail or installing a new floor.
Cutting the floor involves only removing the back seat. Installing a new floor involves all the interior in the back to be removed (and I mean all!).
Hopefully there are bolting holes with thread to install the rail.
And of course, getting yourself a rail with all the parts.
Passing the MOT, if they are clever enough to know that the 5th seat was not factory fit!
Hoping you will never get in an accident where the extra rail causes someone's death.

Good luck none the less.

I would imagine all the fixing holes will be there ready,just a case of cutting a new hole and bolting down the new rail