Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th seat cover...and 5th seat.

MKRW

MKRW

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anyone know where i can get a separate 5th seat cover.

I ordered the standard 4 seat covers which are great , and was going to just use a standard cover for the 5th seat, but the seat belt is built into it, does any one know where to get a separate cover?

Also with the 5th seat does anyone know if its possible to raise the side table. I was told that this was possible, but it does not look like it, with the seat in situ.

Thanks
Mark

I am buying a Cali next week with a 5th seat. I have seen it in a friends older 2007 model and it's not the super-heavy nightmare many believe it is. He has removed his rear bed panel so he can push the rear bench seat farther back and there is loads of room with the 5th seat in place. You can actually use it with the table or fold it down and put the table over it. If VW had thought a little bit more about it, they could have designed it to be a small table when folded like in the Touran seats! not a pain to remove really either. We are actually thinking of a 6th seat, which I know would not be legal, but there might be a way to do that here in Spain. Even if not it would be an option worth considering. The seat would just fit we believe, so the 5th and 6th seat would be staggered, but the rear bench would be usable for a baby seat only on one side...which is just what we may need to do! The problem is weight rather than space, legal-wise I believe, but as I read one owner say...you could be 4 very large people and weigh more than 5 slighter types! Go figure! Campervantastic has the 5th seat cover I believe. :D

Hi I've been using my Cali now for 9 months, and now when not camping remove the rear shelf and push the rear seat back as far as it will go....

There is no way to fit in a 6th seat unless you buy the beach. There is no where to fit it.

I still have not been able to raise the table without removing the fifth seat, so I would suggest you check out the Cali you are buying with a fifth seat to ensure its as you think...

Hi, we have raised the table no problem with the 5th seat, but that is with the bench seat right back with the headrests touching the upper locker and the rear shelf/bed section removed. It's a bit of a jiggle but my friend has had his Cali since 2007, so he's an expert! :D

As for the 6th seat, again my friend has his 5th seat on the stove side rail and the middle and with the bench seat as far back as he has it, there is just...I think anyway...enough rail on the the side nearest the door, to have a 6th seat. As I say they would be staggered of course and touching.... or close..at the corners and the 6th seat would be right against the bench seat, so you could put a child seat on that side, but not be able to actually seat a person as there would be zero leg room. He says that the bench will go a little further back than it is, so we will see. I am going to purchase a the 5th seat in Jan (dealer has it coming with his next Cali shipment and has offered it at the same price as if I had got the Cali with the 5th seat...which I didn't). It's lucky...and odd...as here in Spain, all the new Cali's I have seen have come with 3 rails not 2 :?: :?: ....so my new (showroom) 2012 Cali has 3 rails but no 5th seat...and the Dealer did not order it with a 5th seat. When I get the 5th seat I will take the other 5th seat out of my mate's Cali and try and see if the idea will work. If not, no worries! I may get the 6th seat just to sell as they are stupidly difficult to buy after the fact. VW Parts told me it's because when they get it, it's not a seat, it's a tonne of bits that they then assemble, so the price here in Spain goes up from 360 euros to over 1000 euros! Typical VW! :headbang

I may be completely wrong but am happy to play with the idea and will post pics...if it works! :lol: :lol:

Pics of my mates Cali with 5th seat. Bit rough but it's his workhorse and he's been all over Europe in it working from it! :cool

Photo4362 copy.jpg

Ahh I have the 5th seat next to the door. I will try it in the other position and see if that helps me lift the table.....

I can't remember exactly how he did it, but he raised it no problem with the 5th seat in place. He does have those floor stops out, so he can quickly remove....well as quickly as you can remove 38 kilos of VW upholstery :lol: :lol: ...the seat. But I don't think he moved it to the 'out' position, just lowered or raised the seat back...can't remember which. I was too busy dreaming of getting my own new Cali next Tues! :D He certainly has the rear shelf removed as he says he puts the bed down at the back and uses the 5th seat as an extension of the bed (for his legs/feet) , so it's good enough to sleep one downstairs and 2 up....so three can sleep in it with the 5 seats in place! The other 2 go to the local hotel..... :lol: :lol: Hope all this waffling helps! :cool

Hi guys
Been in contact with Inka's
They tell me the 5th seat cover for Cali is going into production and to keep an eye on
There web site for update in couple of weeks.

BFN Alan

Can I please ask if it is safe to travel with the 5th seat facing backwards? Is it designed for this?
With thanks.