Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4motion warning

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just had my roof done and asked them to check the rear diff oil leak. Turns out some aren't machined properly and so it's an entire propshaft and diff box!!

Ours is under warranty but check yours if near the end of it; it's about a four grand job!!!

Ours is on special order direct from the production line, hopefully to be done in the next week.

The roof was done very thoroughly and looks good.

Ours is going tomorrow to have the diff oil leak done.
They reckon it's the Haldex pump and have the bits in stock which makes me think it's a common problem.
I'll ask about his machining though and see if they have come across it.

What do I need to check to see if I have the problem. Is it obvious?

rob

robo said:

rob

Try and get under it and look for any light oil around the diff box; nine wasn't dripping, just a light coating. Helps if the underside is fairly clean.

So that's a new roof section, new steering column, premature tyre wear thanks to dodgy tracking (evenly worn so almost certainly put from new), new diff box assembly. Beginning to get a little frustrated that a 50 grand vehicle has had probably not far off ten grands worth of stuff done to it.

Any more issues and I'm contacting VW for some drastic action.

I'll get under it tomorrow and take a look.

rob

robo said:

rob

Very obvious on ours.
First noticed a patch of oil on the drive under the rear of the Cali so had a look underneath and a covering of oil all over the rear axle assembly and onto the spare wheel which will need a good clean.

Back