Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 Motion

sleepyjoe

sleepyjoe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
What's wrong with my 4 Motion rear axle diff-locks? :crazy

Can anyone shed some light on what is wrong with the diff locks on my 2010 facelift 4 Motion. Pushing in the dash button used to engage the locks if travelling at slow speeds <= 40 mph, showing locks were engaged on the display. I have only just discovered (just when I needed the diff locks to work) that they are inoperative. :headbang

Any suggestions welcome

Guessing that the display does not illuminate now when you push the button when moving? What happens if you push the button when you are stationary?

cheers

Thanks guys

Same thing, just seems to be dead. I know that locks not working when I got stuck in some boggy ground and noticed that only the sliding rear wheel turning. :sad

You will have to take it to a main dealer to have it diagnosed. Have only had one 4motion issue with T5's and that was the vacuum valve that had burnt out. But, this was used daily on a farm and had had heavy use.

Let us know how you get on

cheers

Having pondered on this problem and thinking about what Andy said about fuses :shocked , I went back to the fuse box and examined the contacts on the back panel. Lo and behold, one set of contacts was pushed back slightly with the pin of the fuse barely touching. A quick tug with a small spring hook and I now have working diff locks. :bananadance :thanks

Thanks everyone for the suggestions/help :hello

Yeah excellent, always worth checking the simplest, cheapest thing first !!

Back