Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 Motion Oil Leak

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
This may have been covered before; but anyone with a 4 Motion that is coming up to the 3 year warranty point should carefully check the rear differential for oil seepage.
About 3 weeks ago I noticed oil drips on the drive and on checking where it was coming from found the rear diff covered in oil.
I booked the MoT check at the first opportunity and asked for the oil leak to be investigated under warranty. The level plug was slightly loose but an extended test run confirmed there was still seepage.
A complete new rear diff and associated bits is now on order and will be fitted after the upcoming Bank Holiday. The cost is apparently well over £3k so I am very relieved that this did not happen a month later to say the least!
Also full marks to VW for sorting this major issue without any delay.

Thank you for sharing.:thumb

Update. New diff arrived and the apparently faulty one was removed.
Call from VW last night to say that the problem was actually a damaged seal/gaiter that covers the diff lock assembly. This is a replaceable part that is now ordered and the van should be back with me today.
I have to say I'm impressed with Listers Van Centre in Droitwich. They have kept me informed of progress daily and I had a long chat with the technician yesterday who explained everything.

Back