Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'24 plate?

First registration allows 1 week at the end of the month to roll into the following month, so if registered on the 29th Jan - your road tax expiry should be as if it started on 1 Feb
I think thats changed fairly recently, I know you used to be able to talk a new car for 12 months + however many days were left in this month on a prorata basis.
My current van was registered on the 29th of the month & I only got 11 months + 2 days tax for the full 12 months cost.

Just been looking for some info and it seems they can allocate a 24 plate up to a fortnight before it’s actually registered on the 1st March as the dealer will already have an allocation of registrations which allows the paperwork to be completed before collection.
Was this Eurovans by any chance? I collected mine in Dec and would have ideally liked a 24 year model for the better residuals and asked for a Jan collection to which I got the usual crap about losing the 0% finance etc.

I didn't fight my corner as I was away a lot of Jan so made do with a Dec collection. I can't fault the deal from EV but the salesman was your archetypal sort. Ie, couldn't be more friendly and helpful until deposit, very evasive and difficult to communicate with until collection date, briefly friendly & interested again when trying to sell be gap insurance, tyre insurance etc, then back to zero interest when I declined......

First registration allows 1 week at the end of the month to roll into the following month, so if registered on the 29th Jan - your road tax expiry should be as if it started on 1 Feb
But it hasn’t. We’ve just paid the renewal, in December ! :mad:

But it hasn’t. We’ve just paid the renewal, in December ! :mad:
Hmm, my mistake - it looks like unless the dealer applied for the VED to run for more than 12 months - e.g. 12 months and 1 week in your case, (and paid for the extra week), the VED runs from the first day of the month the vehicle is registered - sorry

1707421886965.png

Was this Eurovans by any chance? I collected mine in Dec and would have ideally liked a 24 year model for the better residuals and asked for a Jan collection to which I got the usual crap about losing the 0% finance etc.

I didn't fight my corner as I was away a lot of Jan so made do with a Dec collection. I can't fault the deal from EV but the salesman was your archetypal sort. Ie, couldn't be more friendly and helpful until deposit, very evasive and difficult to communicate with until collection date, briefly friendly & interested again when trying to sell be gap insurance, tyre insurance etc, then back to zero interest when I declined......
Yep sound like the same, honestly do not want any of their crap policies, we had to sit through hours of that sales pitch first time round 2019. Thought going through DTD would avoid that. Hubby is just stubborn enough to tell them to keep it if they push us to take it literally a week before 24 plate.

Yep sound like the same, honestly do not want any of their crap policies, we had to sit through hours of that sales pitch first time round 2019. Thought going through DTD would avoid that. Hubby is just stubborn enough to tell them to keep it if they push us to take it literally a week before 24 plate.
My money is still on you getting the Cali on a 24 plate. What's the latest?

Back