Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

204 Tuning

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
delays in new vehicles have made me look at second hand market. There is an option on a professionally tuned 240 hp 4Motion that I am considering looking at. According to the current owner the map has improved fuel economy and performance, and the DSG shift points have been adjusted to match. The tuner seems to be a reputable VAG expert, just interested to hear if anyone has had their own experience of remapping the 204 engine (2018 model).

Looking specifically for individuals with an experience of a similar tune. Thanks.

delays in new vehicles have made me look at second hand market. There is an option on a professionally tuned 240 hp 4Motion that I am considering looking at. According to the current owner the map has improved fuel economy and performance, and the DSG shift points have been adjusted to match. The tuner seems to be a reputable VAG expert, just interested to hear if anyone has had their own experience of remapping the 204 engine (2018 model).

Looking specifically for individuals with an experience of a similar tune. Thanks.
Which company tuned it?

Hi my Cali I had remapped with Revo took 40mins or so went from 150BHP to around 198BHP makes it more lively when laden with all your gear had no problems with it at all would recommend

Hi my Cali I had remapped with Revo took 40mins or so went from 150BHP to around 198BHP makes it more lively when laden with all your gear had no problems with it at all would recommend
Also my insurance NFU put it up by £30 cheap I thought

You need to get what the power output figures are now. PS & Torque as you will need those when insuring.
if you can get a printout with a graph all the better to see what has been done.

I have Pendle which gives 255PS Torque Nm 540. as a guide to what is considered safe.

On the face of it looks OK as it included the DSG being matched.

You need to get what the power output figures are now. PS & Torque as you will need those when insuring.
if you can get a printout with a graph all the better to see what has been done.

I have Pendle which gives 255PS Torque Nm 540. as a guide to what is considered safe.

Appreciate the feedback. Starting to feel like something existing May be a better bet than waiting for a constantly slipping delivery of new...

Hi, I'm thinking of the pendle engine and gearbox map on t6 cali ocean 204 dsg 4motion. You still happy with yours? Is your van a 204 dsg 4motion? There is a pendle agent in Cornwall called Collins of Probus that I was going to use.
Cheers
Christian

Hi, I'm thinking of the pendle engine and gearbox map on t6 cali ocean 204 dsg 4motion. You still happy with yours? Is your van a 204 dsg 4motion? There is a pendle agent in Cornwall called Collins of Probus that I was going to use.
Cheers
Christian
Yes a 204 4MDSG.
Pendle gives impressive torque with acceleration up hills being instantly noticeable.
You need to be careful pulling away as getting to speed limits is rapid. Very rapid progress in country roads due to that rapid speed pickup out of bends etc.
My Brother was surprised how quickly it got to 70mph when pulling onto a Dual carriageway - he has an E Class Mercedes saloon. Overtaking is also a big benefit due to the short distance time needed to pass even an HGV doing 50mph.
Driven legally I had no noticeable fuel penalty, using the power all the time would change that.

I have the TVS DSG Program, + version as Agent said better suited to the Pendle tuned engine.
Not sure of the difference to standard Driveability version other than mention of better clutch cooling and faster gear changes.
It doesn't use 7th below 60mph and keeps engine revs above 1750rpm ie gone is the chugging in 7th at 40MPH.
It also now uses the gears as a speed limiter when in Cruise (no ACC fitted)

In summary I'd get the DSG reprogrammed either with the Driveability level or the + level (costs more) first then see if you want more power. Looks like Bristol Transmissions would be nearest Dealer for TVS.
I had Pendle first and found that the DSG didn't match the increased performance.

If your supplier Collins of Probus can do both at the same time then you'll be very surprised at the transformation on the drive back home. A bit like going in with a carthorse and coming out with an Eventer horse. You need to watch the speedo if you value a clean licence.

Thanks for your informative reply. Much appreciated.

Pendle I think does his own dsg remap to dove tail with his engine remap (so not a tvs one).

If I go for it will let you know how I get on

Back