Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2023 Ocean leaking roof fabric

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am loving the ignore button for a certain poster…can keep following this thread (which is of considerable interest to me as I have a Cali arriving in a week or so) without being irritated by the Cali bashing / attention seeking that doesn’t belong on this forum.

Have you read the thread ?
Not Many have offered help to me, and few. Those mentioned have come on to jump on my back at my decisions.
And if you didn’t know I am still a current Cali owner , and this is a Cali forum I believe?
Hope that answers your question x
After your abuse the other day I had a look back through all your interactions. In fact at the beginning when you got your Cali (which you first loved) you had a few questions where members, myself included, gave friendly advice and support.

When this thread started and you got involved you very quickly became angry, abusive, confrontational and offensive at anyone that either did not agree with your radical position, or even tried to offer some help and advice, based on experience.

That seems in the shadow of “free speech” and “having an opinion” or “it’s a forum, innit”.

So far you have fell out with not only two or three of our longstanding core members who help daily, but also Calibus, who tried and failed to reason with you before he himself even gave up.

Many did offer to help, which was thrown back at them, even though you have offered no help, advice or support back yourself.

It does sound like you had a torrid time on your first trip, which cannot have been a great experience, and that I’m sure has all our collective sympathy.

And while that may be the reason behind your strutting through this thread picking childish playground fights, which are one step away from “let’s go to the carpark to settle this”, it does not at all condone it.

I’ve served with many scousers, all have which have been a pleasure to stand shoulder to shoulder with.

You are the one that got away.

I wish you well in your search for peace and a working Cali. And good riddance when you finally leave.

I have read the whole thread, and contributed (I hope helpfully, or at least with sympathy) - though I have one of the few MY2023 with the older fabric bellows.

If there was an ignore botton, which let me view the whole forum as normal except anything from you, I would select that immediately but I don't think there is (if I am wrong I would welcome that info). That alone might give someone of conscience cause to pause.
Click on the member‘s profile picture to bring up more details - you should then see a choice of an ignore button or a follow button - chose wisely which you press

After your abuse the other day I had a look back through all your interactions. In fact at the beginning when you got your Cali (which you first loved) you had a few questions where members, myself included, gave friendly advice and support.

When this thread started and you got involved you very quickly became angry, abusive, confrontational and offensive at anyone that either did not agree with your radical position, or even tried to offer some help and advice, based on experience.

That seems in the shadow of “free speech” and “having an opinion” or “it’s a forum, innit”.

So far you have fell out with not only two or three of our longstanding core members who help daily, but also Calibus, who tried and failed to reason with you before he himself even gave up.

Many did offer to help, which was thrown back at them, even though you have offered no help, advice or support back yourself.

It does sound like you had a torrid time on your first trip, which cannot have been a great experience, and that I’m sure has all our collective sympathy.

And while that may be the reason behind your strutting through this thread picking childish playground fights, which are one step away from “let’s go to the carpark to settle this”, it does not at all condone it.

I’ve served with many scousers, all have which have been a pleasure to stand shoulder to shoulder with.

You are the one that got away.

I wish you well in your search for peace and a working Cali. And good riddance when you finally leave.
From this

"Hi all.
Picked up my first ever Cali ocean yesterday 2023 11miles , I’ve come over from a transporter T6.1 conversion . To say I’m over the moon is an understatement , wow what a difference .

I’ll look forward picking all your brains shortly

Jon"

to this, in 2 days

"75k on a campervan and the roof leaks. What a load of garbage ..
no one should be taking this lightly.."

Good thing Jon only waited 3 weeks for his garbage Cali. Imagine if he had had to wait 2 years like some of us.

Hahaha my loss, not sure I’ve lost anything. Why is everyone so offended by me saying the Cali isn’t fit for purpose ! If your Cali leaks , it’s not fit for purpose .
If anyone’s Cali is not Leaking and working well , great stuff. Go and enjoy it because you don’t need to be on this thread.
Yes, I’m sure and I’ve read this thread and know what I want or don’t want to do. You stated multiple times a cali is awful but you clearly didn’t read what I’ve wrote. I’m trying to help, understand and support and hoped you got the message about your behaviour. But it fell on deaf ears, it is a bit like throwing pearls before swine. It could have helped you know. So again: bye, your loss.
You said you’re not in school here, but you should have paid some more attention then in social skills. This may come across as pedantic and this was never my intention before, but now I don't care: you also carry on in your behaviour. If you choose to stay here, I hope you push the ignore button for me because what I write will almost certainly not be of any help for you. As for the others with the leaking double layer canvas: don’t be like him and know me -and if I may say all the others here on the forum- hope it will soon be resolved satisfactorily.

No. It was fawlty beating up a mini I think
Sorry, yes it was Basil who beat the Morris 1100. I was thinking the forum “contributor“ was a combination of both Basil and Victor. I really hope he reappears as I get great amusement from him. In the meantime as a “thinking about buying” I welcome the more measured comments on this thread and others.

Going a little off piste, but I'm not sure the new Fawlty Towers series is a good idea. But hopefully it will be a better watch than the Spitting Image remake. That was a disaster.

This thread is hilarious … there are so many vw geeks that are offended by my posts …
£72k cash purchase is buttons to me. So I couldn’t care less … enjoy your shitty Californias and keep on polishing

This thread is hilarious … there are so many vw geeks that are offended by my posts …
£72k cash purchase is buttons to me. So I couldn’t care less … enjoy your shitty Californias and keep on polishing
You brought some of us closer together so good on you. Now it might be time to go to one of your other forums and make some noise there.

Mine were replace last week with the c version, the seams are water tight but now the zips leak
Are you the person who posted this on the FB group? Just wondering if there are two instances of this happening

Status
Not open for further replies.