Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2022 Tyre Tests.

I didn’t go for the pressure readout, but TPMS uses the ABS sensors for wheel rotation ?
So should be ok.
TPMS uses a pressure sensor in a special valve in the wheel. If you havnt got a pressure readout you don't have TPMS, you have the basic system that uses the ABS sensors.

Thx WG, good to see what’s new out there.
Wish I could find the perfect tyre to all 3 wish’s.
AT tyre - great for muddy usage (too noisy for motorway use, like driving an army Land Rover )
Summer tyre - great for motorway (no good for mud and snow)
Winter tyre - great for Scotland & Nordic travel and essential for EU winter use (No good for UK Summers)
I’m thinking of going for a chunky winter Michelin Alpin 6 on the 18”
And 19” summer.
I’ll ask VB what they recommend with Air Suspension on a 4M
Did you get an answer from VB? Same set up as you, but have xs wear on outside of front tyres…. Maybe misalignment due to potholes, but had similar wear on previous van with same configuration…. Running on Nokian all seasons

Did you get an answer from VB? Same set up as you, but have xs wear on outside of front tyres…. Maybe misalignment due to potholes, but had similar wear on previous van with same configuration…. Running on Nokian all seasons
Not a sausage. All Tyre garages state, go by the manufactures recommendations :thumb

@WelshGas and others - we have 18” summer tyres 255/45/r18 103y as delivered. Any issues moving to winter tyres on 17” alloys - 235/55/r17 103y ??

I’ve gone for
255/45 R18
Continental winter TS870 P 103 XL load.
The ride is sublime :cheers

@WelshGas and others - we have 18” summer tyres 255/45/r18 103y as delivered. Any issues moving to winter tyres on 17” alloys - 235/55/r17 103y ??
No. I’ve just fitted my 3rd set of Michelin all seasons in that size.

Presume that you mean 100% winter tyres due to your location.
No reason not other than the British weather making it unpredictable when they should be on. Also how much winter conditions you actually drive in.

Going to 17" has no disadvantages. Rims and tyres are cheaper. If cost isn't a factor Swamper rims could be used for a rugged winter ready look if required.

Back