Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2013 california roof elecrics. Plase help

speedo

speedo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
HI all.
Im new to this forum. I have been reading various threads over the past few months, while building our Camper.
She is a 2013 caravelle, which I am converting.
I recently had a used california roof installed, electric/hydraulic version, but the installers fitted just a standard up/down switch. Now although it works fine, Im trying to go the OE look, so have purchased the roof switch and loom. BUT, the looms been cut.
I am on the hunt for a wiring diagram for the roof switch. Can anyone help, or point me in the direction of where go obtain it.
Many thanks
Pauly

HI all.
Im new to this forum. I have been reading various threads over the past few months, while building our Camper.
She is a 2013 caravelle, which I am converting.
I recently had a used california roof installed, electric/hydraulic version, but the installers fitted just a standard up/down switch. Now although it works fine, Im trying to go the OE look, so have purchased the roof switch and loom. BUT, the looms been cut.
I am on the hunt for a wiring diagram for the roof switch. Can anyone help, or point me in the direction of where go obtain it.
Many thanks
Pauly
@Loz might be able to help. Hopefully he will be along soon.

This might help, but I, personally, would be inclined to stay with the simple switch you have now,

Page 52 onwards.

Attachments

• t5_tech.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
These screen grabs were taken from a download on this forum.
I’m sure you can find it and download the whole scheme.
CB4351E9-CD72-4F5C-B2D2-71C738A59209.jpegE0262825-160C-4CA0-92D6-6393A58DCA24.jpeg

I assume , given that you’re up for a bit of wiring you understand how these schemes work?

Thanks chaps. These kinda help.
Yes, I could just keep the on/ off switch, as installed by the roof fitter, but i love a challenge. I want to try for the original look. Eventually, i wish to fit a heater, so could use this to operate it (maybe). But for now, my aim is to get the roof operating via this switch.
Thanks again for your help

Pauly

Thanks chaps. These kinda help.
Yes, I could just keep the on/ off switch, as installed by the roof fitter, but i love a challenge. I want to try for the original look. Eventually, i wish to fit a heater, so could use this to operate it (maybe). But for now, my aim is to get the roof operating via this switch.
Thanks again for your help

Pauly
Hi Speedo

can we see some photos of your Van pls

Its a bit dark now. I haven't any of it with the roof done, Ill take some tomorrow.
Shes a 2013 bark blue caravelle, now running sportline alloys. The best thing is tbe glove box. I have just had it flocked.. its amazing..

20210227_065524.jpg

20210124_160331.jpg

180 DSG. also just had the radio surround painted piano black.
I am concerned though about the engine. After buying her late last year, I found out the these suffer with EGR issues... im toying weather to replace it