Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2008 SE - missing inverter - optional or fitted?

steve_b

steve_b

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi. I have a 2008 SE but looking at the inverter socket behind the passenger seat, under the flap that says something like 240v/120W is an empty space.

Is the inverter a factory fit or an option, could the socket have vanished inside the trim (I can't see any obvious trace of it) or any other explanation :)

Thanks

Steve

IMG_20200127_172618757.jpg

No it was not an extra standard you are missing the guts

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It has been pushed back into the trim. These are not very strong. I nearly lost mine the same way. Don’t use it now.
The trim will need to come off to find it.
Alan

Agree with @AlanC , try to look behind the trim ...

Thanks all, looks like a cable fishing expedition next time I am in the mood to take some trim off. Another job on the list :)

Some tips here....

Hi. I have a 2008 SE but looking at the inverter socket behind the passenger seat, under the flap that says something like 240v/120W is an empty space.

Is the inverter a factory fit or an option, could the socket have vanished inside the trim (I can't see any obvious trace of it) or any other explanation :)

Thanks

Steve
Part 23. As said can be pushed back behind the trim.

75C20FCD-041D-418F-89E3-3D1FD8D3AE89.jpeg

You just have to dismantle the B-pillar. Starting with the white top plastic trim, and then pulling back the grey lower trim. Then you should find the rest of the inverter laying somewhere down.
If you put it back in place, try to secure it with hot glue or something, and be gentle when you push a plug in there the next time. They tend to be pushed inwards if you are too rude.

It would bug me it being missing in action, but I think most inverters get very little use now most devices can be charged from 12v and USB....so don't overtax yourself unless it's an OCD thing.

i replaced mine with a normal 3 pin socket

It would bug me it being missing in action, but I think most inverters get very little use now most devices can be charged from 12v and USB....so don't overtax yourself unless it's an OCD thing.
I use it for my 230v, 20w Bug Killer.

Being behind a flap, its absence doesn't bug me at all. If it was visible it may do :)

I will wait until I have a need to disturb that trim for another reason, or find a valid reason to plug something into it before I undertake that expedition.

Back