Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2007 T5 Cali 6speed Manual 2.5 TDI Perth WA.

Peter L

Peter L

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi . I am a new owner and new to this thread.
My Cali is ex UK and as a result has corrosion issues, bolts and screws etc.
The most serious being a rusting Sub Chassis.
New or used replacement is required, but is a new one worth the cost?
It is a corrosion weak spot I am lead to believe so go for broke with new?
When vehicle was sold to me, water tap in basin worked.
Months later, unused, nothing happens when rotated and turned on!
A circuit breaker somewhere perhaps?
Thankyou.

Hi welcome to the forum. If you are going to the effort of replacing the sub chassis it makes sense to use a new part unless you can obtain a very good used item. The tap has a pump which you should hear running when the tap is turned on if you don't hear it could be a fuse or the pump could have seized . Sorry but I don't know where the fuse is and cant find my manual at the moment. somebody is sure to know and will let you know.

Hi welcome to the forum. If you are going to the effort of replacing the sub chassis it makes sense to use a new part unless you can obtain a very good used item. The tap has a pump which you should hear running when the tap is turned on if you don't hear it could be a fuse or the pump could have seized . Sorry but I don't know where the fuse is and cant find my manual at the moment. somebody is sure to know and will let you know.
Thankyou for the welcome and the reply.
You right, may as well go for broke and do a decent job with new.
The rear eng mount also needs replacing and if I am correct, I may as well replace all eng mounts if they attach to the sub chassis?
Time to replace rubber hoses with rusted clamps etc while they working down there? Or 'if it aint broke'....?
Is there a manual for the Cali or is the T5 Transporter the one for eng/chassis mechanicals?

The rear eng mount also needs replacing and if I am correct, I may as well replace all eng mounts if they attach to the sub chassis?
Time to replace rubber hoses with rusted clamps etc while they working down there? Or 'if it aint broke'....?
Is there a manual for the Cali or is the T5 Transporter the one for eng/chassis mechanicals?
Apart from the Camping side of things it is a T5.

You might find this on-line Parts Catalogue useful.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/main_group...tgruppen/1234567890/drive_standart/613/lang/e

http://www.realoem.me/Volkswagen/RDW/CAMP/2007/613/R

Back