2 Years old today

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our van is 2 years old today (registered but we took delivery early Sept with 99 miles on the clock)
I am still happy with the decision to purchase a California over several other camper vans we looked at. Now just about to hit 24000 miles of fairly happy motoring a couple of issues rodent damage to brake master cylinder controls In the 1st few months of ownership (thank you Travelodge Monmouth for your poor house keeping and lack of pest control in your car park) and just had air bag in passager seat replaced. Most expensive pleasures have been the kitting out and as well as usual camping entire have added second set of wheels with winter tyres, side bars, 12volt plug on top of dash and funky Jackyard seat covers.

In the early days lots of ideas and help found on the forum a must for new and would be owners :thumb

No issues with roof rot or steering knock, I am sure as the aluminium corrosion is inherent in the Californias build and that it will happen ( I think as I park nose down the hill on my drive water flows off at a speedy rate thus slowing the start of the corrosion on the roof)

Thanks to those on the forum for advise given and ideas shared for those thinking about investing in a van go for it you will not look back :cool

Sounds like you have had a good run by Cali standards. My 61 plate lives in a garage and my roof still corroded within 12m

61 plate for us (Sept 2011), 18k miles, had a fairly large number of issues, still love it. :mrgreen:

It'll be out of warranty in September but we're going to hope for the best. No way I'm paying a grand a year for tarted up insurance.

Oh and our roof needs doing a second time…
And we've had a new rear diff. And steering column. :lol:

Back