Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 seater beach camper mattress options

G

gethjenks

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,
I picked up my Beach Camper in May this year and have had a fantastic summer finding out a bit more about what works well (and what doesn’t!). It’s led to me make a decision that I need a mattress topper for the bed.

I appreciate there are dozens of threads on mattress topper options on here but I can’t seem to find any lists of experience of using a mattress topper for the 2 seater Beach Camper for the ‘downstairs’ bed - most relate to the 3 seater that has different ‘requirements’ due to the contour of the seats. It’s very useable as it is, and its fine for a few nights, but I’m now booking ferries for a longer trip next year and would like to hear from anyone who’s bought one and what their views are.
If there is a thread or discussion relating to the 2 seater beach camper mattresses then please point me in the right direction!
Thanks

Its a personal thing but we've managed very nicely with a mattress topper from Dunelm. Its still quite firm but we like that. We use it up top too. Some of the very comfy toppers are also very bulky (and expensive).

Its a personal thing but we've managed very nicely with a mattress topper from Dunelm. Its still quite firm but we like that. We use it up top too. Some of the very comfy toppers are also very bulky (and expensive).
Great. I don’t think I need a terribly thick one as the bed itself is ok for a few nights. Out of interest - which one have you got? I’m keen to know which ones fit well with the full width and the slight narrowing towards the tailgate. Thanks.

Hi All,
I picked up my Beach Camper in May this year and have had a fantastic summer finding out a bit more about what works well (and what doesn’t!). It’s led to me make a decision that I need a mattress topper for the bed.

I appreciate there are dozens of threads on mattress topper options on here but I can’t seem to find any lists of experience of using a mattress topper for the 2 seater Beach Camper for the ‘downstairs’ bed - most relate to the 3 seater that has different ‘requirements’ due to the contour of the seats. It’s very useable as it is, and its fine for a few nights, but I’m now booking ferries for a longer trip next year and would like to hear from anyone who’s bought one and what their views are.
If there is a thread or discussion relating to the 2 seater beach camper mattresses then please point me in the right direction!
Thanks
We use Duvalay products, not cheap but excellent quality.

I have a zonesleep ultra or what ever it is called. It’s just ok. Good enough to not look for anything else but at some stage I will test my thermarest mondo king xxxl

main complaint is the amount of space the topper takes up behind the back seat.

I always sleep well in the van so maybe shouldn’t complain

Back