Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 more to add to the ranks...

B

bbqshrew

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello!

My wife & I recently put a deposit down on an ex-demo California 6.1 Ocean (150ps) with 1600 miles on it. Can't wait to pick it up later in March. Thanks to @RikFizz for already setting us up with the pre-delivery checklist. This is our first Cali, but we're familiar with VW as we've got a 2019 Tiguan R Line. I imagine the 0-62mph in the Cali is a bit more than the 6.3s of the Tiguan, though. :D We're based in East Sussex, so plenty of places to go locally, but looking forward to getting out and about further afield with family all over the UK and a whole bunch of places we've never explored.

A few immediate thoughts:

1. What gas fits the Cali and how many bottles fit? I assumed a 907 bottle, and 1...
2. What's the weight limit on the upper bunk?
3. I'm ever so slightly doubtful on the 150ps engine; have people found this to be sufficient? We don't plan to tow, but hope it won't struggle uphill if we ever have 4 people and our massive German Shepherd in there (although I imagine that'll be a bit of a squeeze!)
4. Roughly how long should the batteries last off-charge if fully charged initially? I read somewhere 60hrs...
5. Does the Cali have an external light for night time sitting around the van?
6. Does anyone have a drive away awning on the sliding door/drivers side of the van? Trying to picture how this might work with a dog if it's raining all day and you want to have the van door open in to the awning, but not permanently exposed to the elements. Does the included side awning prevent this and mean an awning will only work on the passenger side?

Thanks in advance - and sorry if these have been answered elsewhere; I'm going to be doing some searching over the next few days!

Mike

Hello ....

A huge big cheery welcome..

Now, as for your quiz of the month ...

1: You guessed right
2: triple my weight, so a lot
3: no comment :shocked
4: about 3 days depending on use, I've managed 5, gloomy, mostly in the dark, nights
5: not that I know of
6: lots have,

Last edited: