Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1996 California Biker - Northern Sweden

berg86

berg86

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all!

New to the forums and to Westys, but after a year with a 6.05m Dethleffs RV it was time to downsize to something that suits our travel more.
I have long wanted a van, and when I got the opportunity to trade the RV for one I jumped on it.

So let me introduce you to Doomy the 1996 California Biker.

LRG_DSC08485.JPG
IMG_5949.JPG

She is about to turn over to a hefty 35.000km, so we will see how much resistance we run into.

For now everything seems to work, the clutch and turbo is changed quite recently.
It came with a binder almost 7cm thick with all the papers from receipts from day 1 and a full service book.

Originally bought and used in Germany and imported to Sweden in 2016.

Since we just came into full winter mode here with -10 and roughly 10cm of snow I have some time to get her ready for spring travels and climbing season.

Cheers
Fredrik

Welcome allong !

Looks brand new! :welcome

Excellent, hope you have many happy adventures in the future.

But a clutch and turbo in 35,000 Km - is that correct?

So almost run in then?

It will be an exciting spring, I drove 1200km to get it home, and spent 1 night. All was well, the 1.9td did allow for only a handfull of overtakes but I enjoyed every km. :D

Now I am waiting for ordering a ARB awning to mount on the Brandrup rail, new speakers are ordered and I will try to find a used Fiamma carry bike to start with.

Hei Hei fra Norge. Is that the north coast bridge? I've got a friend in Sundsvall and we did a little road trip somewhere up there many moons ago

Hei Hei fra Norge. Is that the north coast bridge? I've got a friend in Sundsvall and we did a little road trip somewhere up there many moons ago

Hi!
Yes, "Höga kusten-bron".
I am from up north however, that is a picture on my first trip home from buying the van :)

Back