Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

11 days stationary at Glastonbury!

Pyabies

Pyabies

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all, we've had our Cali for nearly 4 years (it's a 2.5l auto 2006) and been lots of places and festivals with it. This year it'll be parked up in a field in Somerset for 11 straight days without moving and without hook up! The longest it's ever sat undriven. What do you think my chances are with fridge/battery life, phone charging etc. and how often should I run engine for and how long ?? Want to keep this to a minimum as they'll be others in tents nearby to consider. What's my best strategy without needing the AA at the end to start me up! Welcome your thoughts.... :bananadance

Pyabies said:
Hi all, we've had our Cali for nearly 4 years (it's a 2.5l auto 2006) and been lots of places and festivals with it. This year it'll be parked up in a field in Somerset for 11 straight days without moving and without hook up! The longest it's ever sat undriven. What do you think my chances are with fridge/battery life, phone charging etc. and how often should I run engine for and how long ?? Want to keep this to a minimum as they'll be others in tents nearby to consider. What's my best strategy without needing the AA at the end to start me up! Welcome your thoughts.... :bananadance

I have a beach with a different configuration to you, but each year do 5 nights at silverstone. My experience is that the weather makes a big difference, hot days will zap the battery because the fridge is working harder, last year I got 4 days from the battery and then ran the engine for an hour to get at least another 24 hours... Before starting up and heading home.

You shouldn't need the AA if your aux and starter batteries are configured conventionally.

Do you go for F1?
Am I right in thinking our 06 has 2 leisure batts? The fridge has been temperamental (OK at mo) but I bought a powered cool box from lidl as a back up, wondering how much I could run that off cab battery for?? So you reckon an hour of idling the engine gave about 24hrs of fridge... Think I might experiment on the drive this weekend!

Pyabies said:
Do you go for F1?
Am I right in thinking our 06 has 2 leisure batts? The fridge has been temperamental (OK at mo) but I bought a powered cool box from lidl as a back up, wondering how much I could run that off cab battery for?? So you reckon an hour of idling the engine gave about 24hrs of fridge... Think I might experiment on the drive this weekend!

Yes - I've been going to the Grand Prix for many years.

You will have two leisure and one starter.

I guess you will only find out how yours performs while you are there!!

Have fun!

Cheers RedRed,
We went over to the Belgian GP a couple of years back, great fun. Stayed at Stavelot with an amazing bunch of Dutch and German folk! Great fun!
Helen x

I lasted 5 days last year without the need to turn the engine over. Can't remember what life was left at the end but don't think it was that low (over 50%?). But previous year batteries gave out offer 4.5 days - that was in Belgium in 28 degree heat though. So the weather conditions will have an impact on how long you can last off grid.

Steve